Post by softland »

Any ideas?? :(
nrml

Post by nrml »

softland wrote:Any ideas?? :(
Guess not...
cordel

Post by cordel »

This error is because the image buffer has fallen behind whats waiting to be processed by ZM by the buffer size +1 or more images.

The fix is very simple and exactly as stated in the error. You either need to slow down the overall capture speed so that ZM can keep up with what needs to be processed, and/or check and make sure that something else is not hogging cycles during that time causing ZM to fall behind.

If there is a necessary process taking cycles you can increase the buffer so that there is more room for the unprocessed images to stackup and when the cycles are again available ZM can catch back up.

So in essence your machine is a bit overloaded.
softland

Post by softland »

I hope this solves...
my settings are now
Buffer size: 65
pre and post image event: 5
I'll wait and the I reply the result...
Thanks for the help...
softland

Post by softland »

Hi,
bad news... with the configuration i have posted the buffer overrun problem keeps coming...
i tried several settings and none solution...
what now?
softland

Post by softland »

Hi,
the overruns keep coming...i tried:
buffer size 65
pre and post 5

nothing...

Then I set:
buffer size 40
pre and post 5
the server could still up a little longer... but no solution at all... =/
softland

Post by softland »

The fix is very simple and exactly as stated in the error. You either need to slow down the overall capture speed so that ZM can keep up with what needs to be processed, and/or check and make sure that something else is not hogging cycles during that time causing ZM to fall behind.
Like I said, several settings and none solution... How exactly can I "Slow down the overall capture" and "check if something else is not hogging cycles during that time causing ZM to fall behind" ?

I really need help here... I'm doing this for like 5 months, and this is the only problem I can't solve (til now hehe)

Thanks
cordel

Post by cordel »

Reduce the FPS on each cam, or remove one cam, you can try to set one cam to just record, etc, etc...

As for processes hogging the system, You can use top to monitor the system or I would use a profiling tool but this will also put a bit more burden on your already overloaded machine but might likely be the only way unless you want to constantly sit with the machine. Admin SOP http://www.linux.com/feature/136114.
softland

Post by softland »

I set 1 FPS, but nothing yet...
A question: Can I let Zoneminder "stopped", just start it when I need to see the events, I mean, if I let it stopped the server could still processing the images?
I thought this way cause this proceeding could save some memory right?
Thanks for any help...
allanE

Post by allanE »

Stopped means stopped...Nothing is going on untill you start it again. No processing or creating of events...nothing
Allan
softland

Post by softland »

Ok, thanks
I just asked because I was checking the server log this morning and was everything alright, then I saw the console and zoneminder was stopped, so I couldn't open any cam or event but the log showed that the events were being analyzed and stored... Then I run the "start" command but returned an error and I couldn't start zm... rebooted the linux and ok til now... = ]
softland

Post by softland »

Maybe a "memory rise" should be enough? from 512 Mb to 1Gb? This setting would let zm work and still be free memory for other process, Am I right?
softland

Post by softland »

Maybe a "memory rise" should be enough? from 512 Mb to 1Gb?
Thanks
cordel

Post by cordel »

Yes it is very possible.