do i need to be connected to my internet/network

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
jwflammer

do i need to be connected to my internet/network

Post by jwflammer »

hey yeah i just got zoneminder to work on my Ubuntu system and i would like the system to be off network how do i do this connected
cordel

Post by cordel »

Not exactly sure I understand what you mean but I'll try to answer any way.

If you mean that you want to have the web server only work on the workstation and not available anywhere else you can do one of a few things. You can turn on a firewall and block all ports. Or you can configure the web server to only accept connections from the local host. Or you could just stop the web server from running.

The easiest would be to setup your firewall as most distros come with something available and should be as simple to find by googling for your distro + firewall to find a good how to.
jwflammer

Post by jwflammer »

i guess that could work but what i mean is that this system is going to be placed were it wont have a network connection to my router and wifi cant reach when i go to localhost/zm it says no connection in Firefox but when its hooked up to the network ZM runs just fine !!!
cordel

Post by cordel »

Thats is fine then. What you need to do is give the computer a static IP, whats likely happening is when it detects the nic card has no connection, firefox sets itself to work offline mode.

You can check this by going into firefox with the cable disconnected, go to file in firefox and towards the bottom of the menu you will see [] Work Offline, Remove the check mark and it should work.