email photo

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
kiocon

email photo

Post by kiocon »

is it possible the zm mail me the photo without store it in local disc? or store (save) the photo in remote hd (conecting bi wifi)
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

You can get either a video, or the first and/or most significant alarmed image mailed to you. The simplest thing to do is to set up a filter that mails and deletes and alarms older than say 5 minutes. Or do it via two filters, one for each task. You can also get the filter to FTP a zipped archive of all the images to a location of your choice. See the Options to configure the email format and ftp details etc.

Phil,
unix-guy

Post by unix-guy »

I guess I am a little confused by filters - don't they only work when you are actively running the console or do they work regardless of whether or not you are logged in?

Thanks,

Kevin
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

If you 'save' a filter it will run automatically in the background. Any actions you have specified for it (e.g. delete, email etc) will take place regardless of whether you are logged in or not.

Phil,
unix-guy

Post by unix-guy »

Oh, DUH! :oops: - I guess if I ever actually saw the "save" link I would have known that! I was trying to filter and using the "submit" button and just assumed that I misunderstood filters and that they were only "Real Time" filters...

Thanks,

Kevin