jZMConsole V0.2B Available

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

I'm now wondering if the zm_config.php your talking about is actually the index.php on my install. I changed it to reflect that and now it's saving the path and brining up a login box for the Linux Client. Since I have no username and password on I'm not sure what's it's asking for.

If I run jzmconsole from ssh I can see the following error as it brings up the login box.

Fatal Error 1:1 Content is not allowed in prolog.
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

newvisionantenna wrote:I'm now wondering if the zm_config.php your talking about is actually the index.php on my install. I changed it to reflect that and now it's saving the path and brining up a login box for the Linux Client. Since I have no username and password on I'm not sure what's it's asking for.

If I run jzmconsole from ssh I can see the following error as it brings up the login box.

Fatal Error 1:1 Content is not allowed in prolog.
I guess that to use jzmc you have to turn on authentication mandatorily.
newvisionantenna

I finally figured it out, there is no zm_config.php.

It was under /var/www/zm/includes as config.php.

I can now log in just fine and use the Linux cleint and the server is working. I'll do some further testing and when I'm done I'll roll it up as an update to my 9.04 Zoneminder Disk.

edit: Headed out the door but windows and linux client both connect to the server show the one monitor I have setup but it doesn't show the actual video.
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

punk_ecas wrote:I guess that to use jzmc you have to turn on authentication mandatorily.
Yes, you are correct. I need to mention that in the install, thank you!

Andy
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

Andy,

Did you have seen my post about source code?
Please do not forget me! I really want to take a look inside your client.

newvisionantenna,

It's nice that you are trying to get this working on your dvd. Keep working on it, and good luck.
newvisionantenna

Just to reconfirm on 1.24.1 it's not called zm_config.php, it's called config.php under /includes and displays this at the top,

Code: Select all

// ZoneMinder web configuration file, $Date: 2008-12-05 18:41:14 +0000 (Fri, 05 Dec 2008) $, $Revision: 2692 $
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

Apparently the config file changed from zm_config.php to includes/config.php in one of the version transitions.

My system is upgraded from 1.23.x to 1.24.1, and apparently the upgrade leaves behind the files from previous versions, so I have continued to reference zm_config.php.

I will address this issue within a few days (I am currently on vacation).

In the meantime, if you have a new 1.24.1 install and can not get jZMConsole working properly, change zm_config.php to includes/config.php in the jzmc_config.php file on the server side.

I will do a "clean" 1.24.1 install and reconfigure so jZMConsole will work with either version.

If anyone in the know (Phil? Cordel?) can confirm this, I'd appreciate it :-)

Andy
transtech4u

jZMConsole Login

Post by transtech4u »

Somehow, again, I've been able to fumble through the installation for this. I think I did everything correctly on the server side on my ubuntu box, I have zoneminder up in my web browser and now I'm trying to login to the jZMConsole. It's asking me for a username and password. I put in what I thought was the username and password (I put in exactly what the default un and pw were for the zoneminder login [admin, admin] but I get nothing. As a matter of fact I actually do get something, I get "White space are required between publicId and systemId."

I'm so new to the linux world, I'm seriously unclear which username and password they are referring to. The installation text file talks about passwords and editing a .php file. I'm confused.

Can an angel from the linux world help me with this step by step. I'm inclined, just not educated in this. All I'm trying to do is get a simple stream of my webcam from zoneminder. I'm doing my best to become familiar with this new linux/ubuntu world. I just need a little guidance. Trying to steer away from the horrors of Microsoft.

Thanks for your help!
Jason
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

Jason,

There is a log file in /tmp called jZMConsole.log. Can you post it's contents here?

Andy
newvisionantenna

As a matter of fact I actually do get something, I get "White space are required between publicId and systemId."
I had the very same thing happen until I changed zm_config.php to includes/config.php in the jzmc_config.php file on the server side. Now I can log in just fine and see the nice jzmc interface. I can select options and even monitors come up as if they are going to show video but nothing ever happens. I can see it's contacting and displaying montiors and even has a time at the bottom, plus it let's me see info about the video but never actually displays any video. Looks like a great piece of software but nothing yet. I went ahead and put it in my DVD and just left it a command line only item for the moment.
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

I did a clean install of 1.24.1 on my server, and other than needing to change the one line in jzmc_config.php from :

include(ZM_HOME . "/zm_config.php");

to:

include(ZM_HOME . "/includes/config.php");

everything still worked fine.

If you could post /tmp/jZMConsole.log it would probably help.

Andy
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

What kind of authentication mode are you using?
jZMconsole doesn't need a specific auth mode(plain, none, hashtable)?
ahagadorn

Post by ahagadorn »

Authentication is done on the server side after the client passes the user's login credentials. It accesses the password field in the standard Zoneminder database, which is encrypted using MySQL password encryption.

Take a look at jzmc/JZMCTransaction.inc.php on the server side if you want to know how it's done.

Andy
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

That's right, but on the streaming url you need to provide a username and pass or the hashtable depending on which kind of auth mode you have, so the zms streaming server send you the stream.

Something like this:
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/nph-zms? ... word=admin[/b]

I'm telling this because, in my zm installation i can't see images on hashed mode. I think zms don't like my streaming url on this format:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/nph-zms? ... 014c3804d7[/b]

Otherwise you getting the stream video on a different way.
I still waiting for your source code to figure out how you do this, but you ignore all my messages where i request it.
newvisionantenna

I thought the source code is on sourceforge? Maybe not, still working with him to get this all up and working on my DVD so everyone can use it. I like the layout and the potential it has, just yet to see actual video being shown. Can't wait to see what new features he's going to add.

Punk_ecas, grab my new dvd and i'll give you a free key for it. I think your going to like it. I've had a couple people say thanks behind the scenes and say it's running good. I know people hate paying for anything, espically opensource stuff, but I did give back money to the Zoneminder cause and will continue to do so on every sale.

Ahagaorn,

Thanks once again for your help debugging my setup, I'm sure it's just something small and I know it's close to working as expected.