Event exists in queue with bogus data

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
SneakyPete

Event exists in queue with bogus data

Post by SneakyPete »

I came back from my brothers wedding and noticed that I had an event in the queue that contained funky data. Attempting to view the motion detected event caused zoneminder to freeze up. Restarting zoneminder does not unfreeze the problem. Have not done much testing since I have to go to work.

Here is data from the page in this order:
Id Name Monitor Cause Time(^) Duration Frames Alarm
Frames Total Score Avg. Score Max. Score

Code: Select all

1553  	Event-1553  	Trend1  	Motion  	12/31 18:00:00  	-1374902.25  	21  	1  	4  	4  	4
What is weird is that the flawed event is ID 1553 when the next event in the queue is 1059. The date is absolutely way off base too.
I've taken the path of least resistance and it is sharp!
Syrinx

Post by Syrinx »

You're not alone. I've noticed this on my install also. It seems like a bug, but I haven't had time to investigate it yet.
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

yeah this happens on mine too i just have a filter that deleats events past 1970 (not ideal but it works)
cordel

Post by cordel »

This tends to happen on 64bit systems. It's being looked into.
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

mines 32 bit the ZMarch cd it has stared happening after ver 1.23.0
SneakyPete

Post by SneakyPete »

Thanks Cordel for all your help. Off topic; I've been tasked with setting up a pool security system for at my college. Because of my enthusiasm in the field of home network cam security I was selected to work on the project. Nothing super important, but I have been comparing Trendnet's IP Pro View software and trying to compare its performance to Zoneminder. I'm not an expert at any of this so don't be fooled. I'm just really interested in learning and using a non-windows based open source solution driven by sound reasoning and good people. Not greed like M$.

As soon as I have financially recovered from my brother's wedding and soon to be moving to a new apartment I will be donating a hefty sum to Zoneminder's donation link in appreciation for an excellent alternative to any other software out there that dabble in the field.
I've taken the path of least resistance and it is sharp!
cordel

Post by cordel »

For more info, tie to original thread on the issue ( why searching is important ;) )
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13196