zms and nph-zms not feeding images/stream

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
akmoller

zms and nph-zms not feeding images/stream

Post by akmoller »

Hello,
I have a ZoneMinder 1.23.3 installation build from source.
I have used mjpg_streamer to stream images from a local camera which uses V4l2. I can see the camera in firefox and VLC player at localhost/?action=stream or action=snapshot.

I have a monitor setup in zoneminder with the camera address and everything is green on the main page. Also, on events zoneminder records images in the events directory, images that can be viewed with any picture viewer. However when accessing the monitor window i cannot see any images on either stream or stills. When i click an event I still cannot see any images, only when I click on the stills link in the events window i can see the images, but that's because it links dirrectly to the directory where they are stored.

I checked apache.log and there are no errors, the same goes for zmwatch.log and the other logfiles provided by zoneminder.

I tried enabling the debug with level 9 debug but the only errors I get are "unable to extract subheader from stream" but i read those are normal.

I wonder what can be wrong because the images arrive to zoneminder but they are not sent to the browser by nph-zms. I tried switching between mpeg and jpeg output with the same results.

Thank you
akmoller

Post by akmoller »

I found the answer:
my cgi-bin directory in zoneminder was /var/www/cgibin and even if i configured apache for this directory it seems I missed something. I edited the zoneminder directory to /var/www/cgi-bin and modified accordingly the apache conf file and now it works how it should.

Sorry for the posting:)
kenspank

Post by kenspank »

not sure if this is the same problem, but I am unable to stream as well with 1.23.3 and debian

Unable to open 'http://IP ADDRESS//cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=mpeg&monitor=1&scale=100&bitrate=25000&maxfps=5&format=asf&rand=1250771101'

When I click on the name of the camera, the window pops up with a black screen. It used to say (no video), but now i've got it so it asks me to press play. when i do that, the error comes up. The error comes up when i'm browsing using windows xp and windows media player or using debian and vlc.

the path /cgi-bin/nph-zms is what is automatically filled in by ZoneMinder.

I've also replaced it with /var/www/cgi-bin/nph-zms but the subdirectory cgi-bin doesn't actually exist under /var/www/. I've also used /usr/bin/cig-bin/nph-zms, which actually exists.

Anyone have any thoughts?
kenspank

Post by kenspank »

update

disabled mediaplayerconnectivity add-on for firefox. it was using vlc to open up an external window.

back to black screen and (no video)
kenspank

Post by kenspank »

update from /var/log/apache2/error.log

[Thu Aug 20 09:55:36 2009] [error] [client IP ADDRESS] script not found or unable to stat: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/nph-zms