Capture with zoneminder and publishing through RTP-RTMP

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
lockev3.0

Capture with zoneminder and publishing through RTP-RTMP

Post by lockev3.0 »

Hi.
Maybe I just say a nonsense but what I need to do is have n-cameras captured and publish
them through needed protocol (RTP or RTMP) to be able to compose a custom web page
to access the image.

Or, in other way, may I compose through zonemider a custom web page (static or not) and
control access through a simple login form ?

Maybe it is not zoneminder what I need and simply with something like vlc and a simple
web frontend would fit, but I'd like to base on Zoneminder's reliability.

Thanks in advance.
lockev3.0

No one answers

Post by lockev3.0 »

javascript:emoticon(':(')
I thought it was a simple question .... tnx anyway.
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

lockev3.0

Some more ideas but not streaming

Post by lockev3.0 »

Tnx. for your answer, that thread showed me about some external scripting which can be done to achieve particular goals, but what i was really asking is if ZM itself is able to publish RTP or so services ? to serve the monitors streamed. With so many capabilities i thought it could, but searched a bit round here and did not find anything about streaming. ZM is able to connect to remote RTP services, but can it serve them as well?
cordel

Re: Some more ideas but not streaming

Post by cordel »

lockev3.0 wrote:Tnx. for your answer, that thread showed me about some external scripting which can be done to achieve particular goals, but what i was really asking is if ZM itself is able to publish RTP or so services ? to serve the monitors streamed. With so many capabilities i thought it could, but searched a bit round here and did not find anything about streaming. ZM is able to connect to remote RTP services, but can it serve them as well?
Not at this time. Though you could set a proxy in apache to redirect to the camera which would save you the extra load on ZM.