Can't install on Gentoo

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
babbu

Can't install on Gentoo

Post by babbu »

I all. I want to install it on gentoo. All dependencies are installed and i got this error. I juste installed it on gentoo 2009.11.

make[2]: *** [zmc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2/work/ZoneMinder-1.24.2/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2/work/ZoneMinder-1.24.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2
* ERROR: www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
* environment, line 3491: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake -j1 || die "emake failed"
* The die message:
* emake failed
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2/temp/environment'.

>>> Failed to emerge www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2, Log file:

>>> '/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2:

* ERROR: www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_compile
* environment, line 3491: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake -j1 || die "emake failed"
* The die message:
* emake failed
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2/temp/environment'.

Ty every one !
babbu

Post by babbu »

Ho sorry i forget ... i got this error when i use emerge ...
TechGuy

Post by TechGuy »

Need to see the make error messages to determine the cause. Most likely its because of missing dependancy the emerge script didn't fully handle.

I think to get it work I had to compile all of the dependant packages first. then run update-env, update-etc, revdep-rebuild, etc.
japerlman

Post by japerlman »

I'm experiencing the same problem and have tried the suggestions directly above me to no avail.
Writing Makefile for ZoneMinder
* zoneminder does not parallel build... using forcing make -j1...
make -j5 -j1
make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2/work/ZoneMinder-1.24.2'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2/work/ZoneMinder-1.24.2/src'
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -Iyes/include -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -fno-inline -Iyes/include -frepo -O2 -march=i686 -pipe -MT zmc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/zmc.Tpo -c -o zmc.o zmc.cpp
In file included from zm_image.h:26,
from zm_monitor.h:25,
from zmc.cpp:28:
zm_jpeg.h:39: error: declaration of C function 'void jpeg_mem_src(jpeg_decompress_struct*, const JOCTET*, int)' conflicts with
/usr/include/jpeglib.h:959: error: previous declaration 'void jpeg_mem_src(jpeg_decompress_struct*, unsigned char*, long unsigned int)' here
zm_jpeg.h:40: error: declaration of C function 'void jpeg_mem_dest(jpeg_compress_struct*, JOCTET*, int*)' conflicts with
/usr/include/jpeglib.h:956: error: previous declaration 'void jpeg_mem_dest(jpeg_compress_struct*, unsigned char**, long unsigned int*)' here
make[2]: *** [zmc.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2/work/ZoneMinder-1.24.2/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.24.2/work/ZoneMinder-1.24.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2
edit:

It's a problem with the current jpeg libs on a new Gentoo build. Install the older version of jpeg to resolve.

Code: Select all

# emerge =media-libs/jpeg-7

Then re-emerge zoneminder.

Cheers.

Edit:

You'll also need to re-emerge php after so it is aware of the change with the jpeg libraries.
Jason_Bassett

Still causing issue

Post by Jason_Bassett »

Hello

I have the same issue with Zoneminder 1.24.2 not compiling on Gentoo and showing this error.

I have downgraded jpeg to jpeg-8a (which is the same as on my other Zoneminder box that I built recently and is working). On this box it has made no difference, I have also tried the other versions of jpeg that are available (7a for example, 7 is not available). Again, no luck.

I am building Zoneminder from source downloaded from the website.

J
Last edited by Jason_Bassett on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corrilan IT Consultancy Ltd
http://www.corrilan.com
01375 403508
enquiries@corrilan.com
TechGuy

Re: Still causing issue

Post by TechGuy »

Jason_Bassett wrote:Hello

I have the same issue with Zoneminder 1.24.2 not compiling on Gentoo and showing this error.

I have downgraded jpeg to jpeg-8a (which is the same as on my other Zoneminder box that I built recently and is working). On this box it has made no difference, I have also tried the other versions of jpeg that are available (7a for example, 7 is not available). Again, no luck.

I am building Zoneminder from source downloaded from the website.

J
Did you try running "revdep-rebuild"? I suspect that the issue is that the
/usr/include/jpeglib.h include file is the wrong version. In most cases running "revdep-rebuild" will correct the problem. If that doesn't work, try removing the jpeg-package (if you can and it does try to remove a large number of installed pkgs), then re-install. Before re-installing make sure the /usr/include/jpeglib.h has be uninstalled.
Jason_Bassett

revdep-bebuild

Post by Jason_Bassett »

Hello

Running revdep-rebuild did not fix the issue. But I did come across this patch in another posting on the forum, applying this patch has allowed me to build Zoneminder:

http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb ... ch?rev=1.1
Corrilan IT Consultancy Ltd
http://www.corrilan.com
01375 403508
enquiries@corrilan.com