PTZ help for External Commands moving a local Cam

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
mikerick

PTZ help for External Commands moving a local Cam

Post by mikerick »

Hi there,
i have 4 external Commands running on the shell for moving my cam:
uvcdynctrl -d video1 -s "Pan (relative)" -- -900
for moving left and
uvcdynctrl -d video1 -s "Pan (relative)" -- 900
for moving right
of course -900 and 900 are the Pan Steps
and
uvcdynctrl -d video1 -s "Tilt (relative)" -- -900
for tilting up and
uvcdynctrl -d video1 -s "Tilt (relative)" -- 900
for tilting down, again with -900 and 900 for the Tilt-Steps
Can somebody help me with a .pm Module i put into /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/control to use with the control-setup in my Monitor?
Somehow/where there are snippets of that, but they don't work.
Thanks a lot
Michael
mikerick

More Info

Post by mikerick »

Hey Guys,
on
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... bokusouchi
there ist a similar skript posted and i replied to that with:
--------snipp
Hi there,
first of all a big Thank you for all your efforts! I'm not new to zoneminder, but new to contol-stuff. I have a quickcam sphere connected, and picture is working great. i can also move the cam with uvcdynctrl.
I now have the following parameters configured. On the 'control'-Tab i have selected my Control-Type (Orbit i called it, which has and Orbit.pm module copied to /usr/share/perl5/Zoneminder/control/Orbit.pm from the code above), on the Control Device and control Adress, i have nothing entered, the fields are blank.
No edit, control i select my 'Orbit' which name is Orbit, Type Local and Protocol is Orbit. And only 'Can Reset' is checked. On the move Tab I have 'can move' and 'can move relative' checked. On the Pan-Tab i have Can Pan checked, Min Pan Range is -7000 and Max Pan Rage is 7000. Min Pan Step is 10, Max Pan Step is 10 Nothing else checked, entered there. On the Tilt-Tab i have Can Tilt checked, Min Tilt Range is -2500, Max Tilt Range is 2500, Both Steps are at 10, again nothing else checked. The other Tabs i didn't touch.
When i try to control the cam in the processes i see:
/usr/bin/perl -wT /usr/bin/zmcontrol.pl --panstep=10 --command=moveRelRight --id=7 So this is the somehow doing the right thing. When i launch the script manually it gives me the following error:
/usr/bin/perl -wT /usr/bin/zmcontrol.pl --panstep=10 --command=moveRelRight --id=7
Can't connect: No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Debug.pm line 349
ZoneMinder::Debug::Fatal('Can\'t connect: No such file or directory') called at /usr/bin/zmcontrol.pl line 153
Anybody can help me out with that?
Also i did not 'fix' any typos in the pm, copied it as is Bokusouchis Post.
Anyone got this working?
Regards
Michael
--------snipp
which might help.

Thanks a lot for everything
Regards
Michael
mikerick

got that 'kinda' working

Post by mikerick »