how to solve it?

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
DRAGSTER_TUNER

how to solve it?

Post by DRAGSTER_TUNER »

im in serious trouble to install zone, i made like that:

apt-get -f install zoneminder...

then, in ZoneMinder-1.23.3 folder:

./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/zm --with-cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin --with-webuser=www-data --with-webgroup=www-data --with-ffmpeg --with-libarch ZM_SSL_LIB=opensslNew

then:

make

then:

mysql mysql <db> grant select,insert,update,delete on zm.* to 'zmuser'@localhost identified by 'zmpass'

i tried give the sintax:
"mysql> quit"

but it refuses...

i tried quit;

was refused too, so:

ctrl+c

the make install

and when i try

andre:/home/dukenukem# /etc/init.d/zoneminder start
Starting ZoneMinder: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: SELECT command denied to user 'zmuser'@'localhost' for table 'Config' at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 92.
Can't execute: SELECT command denied to user 'zmuser'@'localhost' for table 'Config' at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 45.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 45.
failure

andre:/home/dukenukem#

some clue?
________
VERMONT DISPENSARY
Last edited by DRAGSTER_TUNER on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
curtishall

Re: how to solve it?

Post by curtishall »

The mysql user you are using does not have the privileges to select, and probably create the database structure.

Install phpmyadmin, or research mysql users. Remember to flush privileges when you are done.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
DRAGSTER_TUNER

Post by DRAGSTER_TUNER »

i installed phpmyadmin nothing changes:

andre:/home/dukenukem/arquivos/ZoneMinder-1.23.3# /etc/init.d/zoneminder startStarting ZoneMinder: Warning, overriding installed ./zm.conf file with local copy
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: SELECT command denied to user 'zmuser'@'localhost' for table 'Config' at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 92.
Can't execute: SELECT command denied to user 'zmuser'@'localhost' for table 'Config' at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
failure

andre:/home/dukenukem/arquivos/ZoneMinder-1.23.3#

Sorry, im noob, how i research mysql users and flush privileges?
________
Medical Marijuana Card
Last edited by DRAGSTER_TUNER on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pki

Post by pki »

If you installed zoneminder via apt-get then there is nothing more to do. The installation should be complete and it should work out of the box.
SQ2LYH :-)
DRAGSTER_TUNER

Post by DRAGSTER_TUNER »

the problem is i tried install it by /.configure make make install on zoneminder 1.23 too

i already give an make uninstall on 1.23 folder and apt-get --purge remove zoneminder...

and then apt-get -f install zoneminder...

but the error keeps...some clue?

INSTEAD, have some way to i use my zoneminder i have (working) in my other hard disc?

i tried chroot /media/sdb1

and then:

andre:/# /etc/init.d/zoneminder start
Starting ZoneMinder: DBI connect('database=zm;host=localhost','zmuser',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 89
Can't call method "prepare_cached" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 91.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
failure

have some way to use my old hd?
________
YAMAHA VENTURE SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by DRAGSTER_TUNER on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRAGSTER_TUNER

Post by DRAGSTER_TUNER »

Last edited by DRAGSTER_TUNER on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

mysql mysql <db> grant select,insert,update,delete on zm.* to 'zmuser'@localhost identified by 'zmpass'

You forgot ";" at the end... like...

mysql mysql <db> grant select,insert,update,delete on zm.* to 'zmuser'@localhost identified by 'zmpass';
DRAGSTER_TUNER

Post by DRAGSTER_TUNER »

Indeed...thanks!

Since i made the correct syntax i installed it (now instead using 1.24).
________
Plymouth superbird