Debian/Ubuntu package for 1.24

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

madscientist159 wrote:

Code: Select all

Starting ZoneMinder: Can't connect: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Debug.pm line 349
        ZoneMinder::Debug::Fatal('Can\'t connect: Permission denied') called at /usr/bin/zmdc.pl line 167
failure

Any ideas? :)

Tim
Looks like one of the daemons didn't start. Are there any corresponding messages in syslog?
PJH
reflect23

worked great for me

Post by reflect23 »

Fresh install of ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 64 bit. All I had to do after installing the packages was copy /usr/share/zoneminder over to /var/www (where apache is configured, I could have also just pointed apache to the right folder I guess, lol) And then do a modprobe bttv from the command line to get my camera card bt878 adlink pcie-rtv24 card recognized.

Works great and saved me a TON of headache! (I always have issues with getting ffmpeg to play nicely with zm on ubuntu 64 bit OS. Thanks man!
Chris Sapp
madscientist159

Post by madscientist159 »

PeterHoward wrote: Looks like one of the daemons didn't start. Are there any corresponding messages in syslog?
PJH
Thanks for the syslog pointer! I wasn't sure where ZM was dumping its logs to.

It ended up being an old socket file from the previous 1.23 install. A simple sudo rm /tmp/zm* fixed it.

Thanks again!

Tim
reflect23

more ffmpeg streaming options?

Post by reflect23 »

with this package, how would I go about adding asf/wmv support for streaming to a windows media player client? I have an audio source that I am including in a custom html page that shows the montage view with 3 cameras. This is all for a courtroom and streaming the video to our local intranet so that court staff can watch the trials go on.

Thanks,
Chris Sapp
RichardK

Re: Oh, and I wouldn't recommend upgrading

Post by RichardK »

PeterHoward wrote:I have not tested upgrading from an existing 1.23.3 install yet . . . so you have been warned.
I have. Upgraded from Ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04 at the same time. The only issue I've noticed so far was that zm_update-1.23.3.sql and zm_update-1.24.0.sql seemed to be missing, so I had to add them in from the tar.gz package before I could update the database.
jmspaggi

Post by jmspaggi »

Hi there,

I tried to install the package, but here is the result:

cube:~# dpkg --install zoneminder_1.24.1-pre-1_i386.deb
(Lecture de la base de données... 116452 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
Préparation du remplacement de zoneminder 1.23.3-4 (en utilisant zoneminder_1.24.1-pre-1_i386.deb) ...
Stopping ZoneMinder: success

Dépaquetage de la mise à jour de zoneminder ...
Paramétrage de zoneminder (1.24.1-pre-1) ...
Installation de la nouvelle version du fichier de configuration /etc/zm/zm.conf ...
Starting ZoneMinder: failure

invoke-rc.d: initscript zoneminder, action "start" failed.
dpkg : erreur de traitement de zoneminder (--install) :
 le sous-processus post-installation script a retourné une erreur de sortie d'état 255
Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour « man-db »...
Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
 zoneminder

I tried to start it manually with no success.

cube:~# /etc/init.d/zoneminder restart
Stopping ZoneMinder: Zoneminder already stopped

Starting ZoneMinder: failure
Any clue? Where should I look to find why it's not starting?

I try to took a look in the logs but was not able to find anything.

cube:~# ll /var/log/zm/
total 0

Thanks,

JM
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

jmspaggi wrote:Hi there,

I tried to install the package, but here is the result:

cube:~# dpkg --install zoneminder_1.24.1-pre-1_i386.deb
(Lecture de la base de données... 116452 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
Préparation du remplacement de zoneminder 1.23.3-4 (en utilisant zoneminder_1.24.1-pre-1_i386.deb) ...

I'd say it's the fact you're upgrading from 1.23.3-4 - the upgrade is going to fail. I have an updated package which includes the missing sql files (refer to a few posts up). Once I find the spare half hour to test that it upgrades OK, I'm going to push it into the debian repo.

PJH
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

PeterHoward wrote:

I'd say it's the fact you're upgrading from 1.23.3-4 - the upgrade is going to fail. I have an updated package which includes the missing sql files (refer to a few posts up). Once I find the spare half hour to test that it upgrades OK, I'm going to push it into the debian repo.

PJH
I'm getting a similar failure on my upgrade tests - I'll look into it.

PJH
jmspaggi

Post by jmspaggi »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

Finally I removed the previous version (--purge) and re-installed the new one to solve the issue.

JM
st2000

Post by st2000 »

fatboy wrote:Just finished the .deb package install on lenny.
Took a little massage to get libavcodec52 installedafter futzing with adding/removing
I won't touch Ubuntu w/a 10ft cattleprod. I want all the stability I can get my hands on.
Can you elaborate how you got libavcodec52 into debian stable (lenny)?

I think this package is only available in debian unstable and I too do not wish to jeopardize the stability my server box.

-thanks
attilahooper

Re: Ubuntu Jaunty

Post by attilahooper »

Woohoo !!!
PeterHoward wrote:Packages for ubuntu jaunty are in

ftp://ftp.northern-ridge.com.au/zonemin ... ntu/jaunty

Same warning as for the Debian packages.

Packages for earlier versions for Ubuntu will take a touch longer due to ffmpeg versions . . .
This works on 9.10 Karmic (i386) as well. Whoever made the Ubuntu packages, THANKYOU ! I had been previously struggling with compiling from source, no joy.

Don't know if I had satisfied dependencies from a previous install of Ubuntu stable package ZM1.24.1 but the install went smooth as a baby's butt.

Then copied contents of /usr/share/zoneminder to the web root. chmodded and chowned them www-data and was almost ready to go. Note: Symlink to cgi-bin must be recreated.

Now lets play with this puppy. First impression, much faster than 1.24.1
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

Any chance next release to have a second package compiled with libjpeg-turbo. Rather or in addition to the normal one.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libjpeg-turbo/files/
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

kingofkya wrote:Any chance next release to have a second package compiled with libjpeg-turbo. Rather or in addition to the normal one.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libjpeg-turbo/files/
The key issue there is whether it gets packaged for Debian/Ubuntu. At the moment I don't see a package for it in Debian Unstable.
johngc

Post by johngc »

Thanks for putting this together. I have tried to compile from source in the past and run into all sorts of bother.

One quick question though, is this version compiled with memory map enabled or does it still use the memory settings in sysctl.conf?

Thanks