New Intel Atom D510 motherboard and Zoneminder

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
ChrisL

New Intel Atom D510 motherboard and Zoneminder

Post by ChrisL »

I just purchased the new Intel motherboard based on the Atom D510 (part # BOXD510MO) that came out last week. It's a fanless, low-power board which I'm planning on putting into a larger case just for better cooling (space isn't a consideration). The mobo has one PCI slot and one PCI-Express "Mini Card" connector. It's quite different than the previous Intel Atom releases.

Specifications:
-Mini-ITX
-4 GB memory (DDR2 800/667) (I will use all 4GB)
-Intel NM10 Northbridge chipset
-Dual channel
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3250318AS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" hard drive (the 2.5" drives cost too much)
-Antec NSK3480 enclosure (Micro-ATX) with 380 watt power supply (I think I'll only need about 100 watts max)
-I don't have a camera capture card picked out yet.

This will be a stand-alone Linux box that will run only Zoneminder and Misterhouse (open source, home automation software to control ten or so X10 switches).

I'm hoping with this setup that I can run more than 4 cameras. I prefer analog cameras, but if I have to, I can use network IP cameras with their own motion detection (I've read that motion detection is the thing that pushes a processor though I don't know that for a fact).

Has anyone done anything like this? Do you think this plan will support more than 4 cameras? I don't need a high frame-per-second rate.
oscarliu

Post by oscarliu »

I just install Zoneminer on this motherboard. I'm using Pico2000 card with 4 analog cams at about 2-3 FPS each. CPU loading has been low.

Thsi mother board is great.
carlexpc

Post by carlexpc »

I have a Zoneminder running on an Intel Desktop Board D510MO.

RAM: 4GB
HDD: Western Digital 320GB x 2 on LVM
Capture Card: 4 Chip x 4 Channel (BTTV chipset)
Camera: 2 x IrLab Indoor IrCam / 2 x IrLab Outdoor IrCam

The performance is relatively OK, but I am still looking at optimizing the performance especially with regards to the CPU load. Reducing the frame rate helped but the reduced CPU load is not very significant.
heatvent

Post by heatvent »

Has anyone gotten this to work successfully/satisfactorly? I am looking to do a similar setup.