Modect not triggering after upgrade

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
a_px

Modect not triggering after upgrade

Post by a_px »

Hi, I recently upgraded my Ubuntu distribution to 10.04, which also upgraded zm to 1.24.2

I discovered that after the PHP upgrade a number errors were displayed on the web interface as deprecated functions, so I have suppressed these messages.

I have discovered however, that MoDect is no longer, or very rarely triggering, despite lots of movement within the zones. I have tried changing sensitivities to high using the presets, but still no recording. I can watch the camera live and see movement in the zones, but the status remains "Idle".

Prior to the upgrade it was working fine. I am using a BT878 card with 3 cameras attached. Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, Alan
mastayoda77

Post by mastayoda77 »

I have a similar issue with a clean install. Modect does not seem to be recording any events.

Any ideas anyone?
a_px

Post by a_px »

I seem to have resolved this by re-installing. Doing a complete removal so the database is deleted then installing again from scratch. Seems to have worked on the first camera I have set up at least. Had to go through the error message suppression again. Will see if it still works after setting up the other 2 cameras...
a_px

Post by a_px »

Yip - all 3 cameras back up & running, and MoDect seems to be working again.
a_px

Post by a_px »

MoDect Stopped recording again. 24 hours after re-install. Was working fine this morning, now despite lots of movement in the zones, no events are recorded. I have made no changes or touched zm in the interim. Just tried restarting it, still no recording.......

Tons of disk space, no problem with that.
a_px

Post by a_px »

Further update. Did yet another de-install & re-install. All working again, but for how long?

I tried various parameter changes when it wasn't working. Had a look in the logs, nothing obvious. I could manually force an alarm & it worked but never occurred from MoDect. Complete machine reboot, still no events being triggered.
Woode

Post by Woode »

I upgraded back in March, and have had a similar problem since updating to 1.24.2.

I have a dual-core system dedicated to ZM, with 4 Panasonic BLC1A cameras. At different times one or two of the cameras will stop MODECT and no longer record events. When that happens the camera source will turn red or more frequently, orange, in the console. I will then click the affected camera's source, save the settings, and the source will turn green again, but may or may not resume recording events.

The cameras appear to be functioning normally in the montage, and I can access the cameras directly as well. Processor load is almost always below 1.00.

Today I had the situation occur again, saved the camera settings again. The cameras have events recorded, but frame, duration, and thumbnail are blank. Also, the event prefix I've specified in the camera settings is not being added to the event ID.
jd896

Post by jd896 »

I also have the same problem I have not upgraded ubuntu or zm just a clean 9.10 install and zm 1.24.2 and modect hasn't worked correctly since day one I have tried as many settings as I can but to no effect I think this is the same issue but I don't have a red source as mentioned buy somebody else only the modect not detecting.

Any further on this problem anyone cordel or James Wilson maybe
pinegrovedave

Post by pinegrovedave »

Same problem here from a clean installation (Xubuntu 10.4 and ZM 1.24.2). It worked fine for a while and then completely failed.
mds

Post by mds »

I would just like to chime in to say that I'm running the latest (1.24.2) on Fedora 13 and MoDect has been working very well (almost too well).

Using three cameras on a BTTV (bt878a) card and one network cam.

Maybe it's just an issue with the *buntu package. Since some of you have reinstalled your system several times you should just try a different distro such as Fedora instead of continuously failing with *buntu.
pinegrovedave

Post by pinegrovedave »

I'll give it a shot. Burning Fedora right now. If that doesn't work, maybe Gentoo (I ran Gentoo for years before switching to Ubuntu). Stay tuned. :)
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Search up "flowers for candy fedora 12". I've been using it for 4 1/2 months now and this is rock solid!
pinegrovedave

Post by pinegrovedave »

bb99 wrote:Search up "flowers for candy fedora 12". I've been using it for 4 1/2 months now and this is rock solid!
Nice walk-through, thanks. I installed everything last night and ZM is running...except no alarm sound. The alarm is triggering now like it should....just no alarm sound!!!...GRRR!!!. Everything else is working great.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Set the WEB_ALARM_SOUND to valid file (config) that will fix you up and add a tick to WEB_SOUND_ON_ALARM.
pinegrovedave

Post by pinegrovedave »

bb99 wrote:Set the WEB_ALARM_SOUND to valid file (config) that will fix you up and add a tick to WEB_SOUND_ON_ALARM.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I was hoping it was that easy as I checked that last night during troubleshooting. Still no joy...<sigh>