Linux live zm jpeg show

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
maciekc

Linux live zm jpeg show

Post by maciekc »

I modificated stalkercam to use it with zoneminder, and added some funcionality. Now it can display images faster than one per second, you can pass arguments to move window specified location on the screen.

The most advantages of it - it is very stable - around of few month working, and less cpu intensive than mozilla.

Here you can download it http://dig.hopto.org/stalkercam/.
There is source, and a screenshot of program in action.

You can use .xsession in home to run program and gdm to autologin.
In that way you can make it to display 4 monitors in the same time - run four stalkercam's in the same moment. 1,2,3 needs to be deamonized (&), and the last one run normally. If someone wants I can put simple config.

Description of command line arguments:
-X - display an xwindow
then address of image - f.e. http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/zms?mode=singl ... &scale=100
-x x postion of window
-y y postion of window
-s time between getting images - around 50 is OK

Please try it and post your comments.

I wonder if anyone told me how to use raw feed from new zm 1.22.0. I tried with many programs and none works. Maybe someone could write some simple application to display raw frames produced by zms? Or someone could help in further modification of stalkercam to use raw?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

The raw format was put in by Phil for me to utilise in the windows app. I will be starting this soonish and once complete it will be availabe as part of the main app.

James
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
maciekc

Post by maciekc »

jameswilson wrote:The raw format was put in by Phil for me to utilise in the windows app. I will be starting this soonish and once complete it will be availabe as part of the main app.
I thought about writing my own app, or mod something that we have now. So if you're going to add this functionality to your viewer I won't play with this.
I just saw your thread about zmviewer for linux. I will post some comments.
gsupp

Post by gsupp »

maciekc,

Thank you so much for this modification. It works very well, is very stable and allows positioning of monitors in any layout you wish (I did 5 columns, 4 rows to display all 20 cameras at once). I have a couple of concerns though. Right after launching stalkercam, the terminal starts filling up with the following error over and over (several times per second):

Code: Select all

stalkercam: EOF on network socket...
stalkercam: http_headers: no line from readline().  EOF?
On the ZoneMinder server, I see the following in /var/log/messages:

Code: Select all

Jul  1 13:01:11 zoneminder zms[19365]: INF [Debug Level = 0, Debug Log = <none>]
Jul  1 13:01:11 zoneminder zms[19367]: INF [Debug Level = 0, Debug Log = <none>]
Jul  1 13:01:11 zoneminder zms[19368]: INF [Debug Level = 0, Debug Log = <none>]
Jul  1 13:01:11 zoneminder zms[19371]: INF [Debug Level = 0, Debug Log = <none>]
Jul  1 13:01:11 zoneminder zms[19369]: INF [Debug Level = 0, Debug Log = <none>]
Jul  1 13:01:11 zoneminder zms[19370]: INF [Debug Level = 0, Debug Log = <none>]
It appears that zms and nph-zms are being respawned several times per second. Aside from the excessive entries in the log files, this seems to be placing a high load on the ZoneMinder server. The load average will reach 10 when stalkercam is running, compared to the normal 4.
webroot

Post by webroot »

So anyone knows a way to solve this log continuous feed? In my case in Debian goes to syslog:

zms[20489]: INF [Debug Level = 0, Debug Log = <none>]

Thousands of log lines...