Modect not triggering after upgrade

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
bb99

Post by bb99 »

a_px

MoDect again

Post by a_px »

After reinstalling zoneminder on 3rd July, it continued to work for a while. I went away on holiday on 10th for 2 weeks, during that time, MoDect stopped recording events on 15th July. Could be something to do with Ubuntu, but I have zoneminder running on my main desktop, not a dedicated machine & so I'm reluctant to change distro just to fix zoneminder..... I'm quite happy with Ubuntu in other respects.
a_px

Resolved

Post by a_px »

I think I have finally resolved this problem. It appears to have been something to do with the PurgeWhenFull filter. Events were appearing briefly then disappearing. I deleted the filter & everything is OK. Don't know why as my disk is only 16% used.
a_px

Re: Resolved

Post by a_px »

a_px wrote:I think I have finally resolved this problem. It appears to have been something to do with the PurgeWhenFull filter. Events were appearing briefly then disappearing. I deleted the filter & everything is OK. Don't know why as my disk is only 16% used.
Correction, not quite resolved. Events were still being deleted, even though I removed all filters. I stopped zmaudit, now working OK, although not ideal as I assume I can't now run background filters etc to remove old events.