Remote Host Path?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
bpc31

Remote Host Path?

Post by bpc31 »

I am trying to setup a Foscam FI8904W through ZM. The camera is operational via the software that came with the camera. The problem is that when I load ZM with the following, I get the IP address in red. I have also tried to hook it up directly with ethernet and the same results.

General
Name - Cam1
Source Type - Remote
Function - Modect
Enabled - tick
Max FPS - 10
Alarm Max FPS - 30

Source HTTP
Simple
Remote Host Path - 192.168.1.102 (verified on Camera)
Remote Host Path - /videostream.cgi?user=admin&pwd=
24 bit colour

I was unable to find the host path on my server. Is this something I need to install?
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

Search the forum about shm memory, maybe you have to increase the memory settings.
Maybe in the wiki for that camera you could find information too.

Regards!

PS: How to modify memory settings, from a reply of a post below : http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... esolutions.
bpc31

Post by bpc31 »

I still need to know if the Remote Host Path is valid. I do not see this file in any of my folders. Do I need to apt-get anything before I run ZM?
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Check your settings against: http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Foscam

PacoLM is trying to point out that your remote host path won't work, right or wrong, if your shared memory isn't set correctly. @ 640*480 and 24 bit color the basic settings will not work. Set the camera to 320*240 and then adjust the same settings in ZM (must match exactly). Now you can trouble shoot the remote host path.
bpc31

Post by bpc31 »

My settings match (320 x 240) and I was able to see the camera on ZM. It's set on Modect and the only problem is that the actual video seems to have a long delay before it shows up on the monitor.

Since I don't have a PTZ camera, will the code mentioend above help improve the frame rate? In other words, what do I need to do to make the on screen image be a monitor as well as having the motion detection?

Thanks for your help. (I am still learning)
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

If you saw you camera with 320x240 and failed setting it to Modect, then you need to lower the buffer settings and also check that is set to auto, not jpeg or mpeg mode.

Hope it helps,

PacoLM
bpc31

Post by bpc31 »

Thanks for your reply... strange occurence...

For some reason my camera is not able to boot or capture an IP address after I successfully was able to get ZNM to see my camera. I was able to bring up the picture but when I shutdown and went to restart ZM, the camera was not recognized and does not show an IP address.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Hi again,

"For some reason my camera is not able to boot or capture an IP address after I successfully was able to get ZNM to see my camera. I was able to bring up the picture but when I shutdown and went to restart ZM, the camera was not recognized and does not show an IP address."

This is strange too...but in the way you explain it, seems more a router/dhcp problem than a ZM problem.....

Could you see a picture by opening a firefox window and putting the following address (you will be asked to put the user/pwd)?
http://put.your.cam.ip/snapshot.cgi

Let me ask you one simple question: is the camera still being seen with the windows sw?. If so, then, I have another strange ocurrence: create a new monitor with the same settings, and delete the one you have configured.

Another weird question: is your camera configured with a fixed IP or a dynamic IP?. Maybe your router is giving a different ip address....you could test it by pinging to the cam or in the web browser.

PacoLM