Is Intel Atom 230 working with ZoneMinder ?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
mrfreeman

Is Intel Atom 230 working with ZoneMinder ?

Post by mrfreeman »

Hi all,
I see "Intel Atom 230" (D945GCLF) is very cheap and use low power.
I think if it can use with ZoneMinder, It very well.

I think to use "8 Channel 240 FPS Zoneminder Compatible Capture Card using the Connexant 878A Chip" from http://www.camsecure.co.uk/Zoneminder.html

Intel Atom 230 is use Intel 82945G chipset (Intel 945GC express) and Intel GMA 950 graphics.

But I not sure it can use with ZoneMinder with full 8 cameras and 240 FPS recording.

Have anyone use Intel Atom 230 with ZoneMinder ?
Please confirm.

Thank you.
:D
Kogashuko

Post by Kogashuko »

I have a very similar setup. I am running an atom 330 but not yet gotten the card thing worked out right. It seems to startup and run fine though. I am new to linux so I am still working it out. However, the same system is running windows vista with 8 channel ether 9808+ card and it runs great. At all 8 cameras running 30fps each I hardly use any cpu cycles with the included software. I might just keep this system vista only for now but would like to include some IP cameras and better online support.
skyking

Post by skyking »

Recording is not the CPU/RAM intensive challenge, motion detection is.
If you intend to record only I doubt you'll have a problem.
heatvent

Post by heatvent »

Have you tried this with motion detection? Any luck? Does it work for less than 8 cameras (maybe 2-3)?