Axis P1344 Stuck in Slow Mo?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
trevorj

Axis P1344 Stuck in Slow Mo?

Post by trevorj »

Hello, I have an Axis P1344 running on ZM. Whenever I try to use mjpg, I seem to get a stream which is stuck in "slow motion," and the image often hops like its trying to catch up to the clock. The camera works fine when I use JPG mode, but I would prefer mjpg due to the higher load produced by JPG.

I have four other Axis cameras on this server, all running MJPG, none of them having this "slow motion problem." Does anybody have any ideas of how to troubleshoot this to figure out if it's the camera or ZM? When I watch the feed live from Camera, it seems to be in normal speed with markedly less stuttering.
trevorj

Post by trevorj »

No pointers? Is there another form of support available? :(
Flash_

Post by Flash_ »

Never heard of anything like this, but here's a couple of suggestions.

Upgrade the firmware on the camera to the latest if not already.

Change the existing monitor to "None" and create a *new* monitor using exactly the settings (including buffers) that you have on your working Axis mjpeg monitors, or even use one of those and just change the IP. The purpose here is to rule out any config problems.

Other unlikely ideas: Camera is bad. Install the turbo jpg libs in case it's a load issue on the server.
trevorj

Post by trevorj »

Installed libturbo, had no effect on the stream (although it did reduce overall load!).

Tried the config tests you gave me, no luck there either.

I am wondering if I have a bad camera, as it no longer seems to be accepting my root password either.
PSWired

Re: Axis P1344 Stuck in Slow Mo?

Post by PSWired »

Did you ever figure this out? I have 8 Axis cameras on a new ZM installation, one of them a P1344, and all are having this problem.
Flasheart

Post by Flasheart »

Axis do have excellent technical support. Anyone tried them?
PSWired

Post by PSWired »

I don't think this is an axis camera problem... the mjpeg stream displays fine in a browser...
KeithB

Post by KeithB »

What are your frame rate settings on the camera and in ZM?

Try settin the frame rate on the camera and leave the frame rate blank on ZM.
PSWired

Post by PSWired »

Keith, removing the ZM frame rate limit entirely seems to have done the trick.

Previously, to test, I had pulled the frame rate on the camera back to 2 FPS while leaving the ZM frame rate set at 15 FPS. Even with this it was getting some images backed up and having to re-sync and missing a time gap.

Strange. This workaround should be fine though.