Perl errors in 1.20.1 on RedHat9

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
loop

Perl errors in 1.20.1 on RedHat9

Post by loop »

Hi, after installing 1.20.1 I still have the problem on RH9:

[root@linuxpc zm-1.20.1]# zmpkg.pl
Use of uninitialized value in transliteration (tr///) at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 52, <CONFIG> line 5.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 53, <CONFIG> line 5.
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 53, <CONFIG> line 5.
Use of uninitialized value in transliteration (tr///) at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 52, <CONFIG> line 5.
Undefined subroutine &main::ZM_DB_NAME called at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 64.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 74.

Wasn't this solved in 1.20.1 or do I need to do something ?

Best regards,
DN
Last edited by loop on Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
loop

Post by loop »

I've managed to find a solution.

I put "use bytes;" in every .pl script and now the scripts are working OK. Seems this is a RH9 problem with perl. Perhaps some system export setting might do a trick too. Hope this helps someone.

DN
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Interesting solution. I know perl (I think in RH9) had problems with thinking everything was UTF so if you edited /etc/sysconfig/i18n and removed any references to UTF it worked ok.

So in my copy I changed

Code: Select all

LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"
to

LANG="en_GB"
and

SUPPORTED="en_GB.UTF-8:en_GB:en:en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
to

SUPPORTED="en_GB:en_US:en"
You could try that and see if it helps.

Phil
us5we

Post by us5we »

Hi Phil,
I missed your discussion with 'loop' - my fault.

1. The new /etc/sysconfig/i18n looks like:

LANG="en_US"
SUPPORTED="en_US:en:ru_RU:ru:uk_UA:uk"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"
got :
[root@ur5wa bin]# ./zmpkg.pl
Bareword "ZM_PATH_LOGS" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at ./zmpkg.pl line 76.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at ./zmpkg.pl line 77.

switching between "en_GB" and "en_US" doesn't change anything

2.Tried changing 'use strict' to 'use bytes' in all .pl scripts as proposed by 'loop'
got:
[root@ur5wa scripts]# ./zm start
Starting ZoneMinder: Bareword found in conditional at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 261.
Bareword found in conditional at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 275.
Bareword found in conditional at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 279.
Bareword found in conditional at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 284.
Can't open log file: No such file or directory at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 166.
[FAILED]
It seems I'm still missing something.

In fact I needed to install some of the following CPAN moduled to make "dxspider" program work (http://www.dxcluster.org )

TimeDate-2.27.tar.gz
Net-Telnet-3.03.tar.gz
Curses-1.08a.tar.gz
Time-HiRes-01.20.tar.gz
Digest-SHA1-2.01.tar.gz

Still need someone's help.
73,Vic :cry:
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I think you possibly have not rerun zmconfig.pl to export your config to the database. Check the README and make sure you didn't miss out any steps.

Phil
us5we

Post by us5we »

Thanks Phil.
Will check this and let folks kmow.
73, Vic
us5we

Post by us5we »

Hi Phil,
After reconfiguring the system works.
Get the 20 fps picture from the AverTV tuner.
Thanks very much for help.
73, Vic