Max FPS causes broken images (mpeg4)

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
xba

Max FPS causes broken images (mpeg4)

Post by xba »

i have two cameras straming at 640x480 using rtsp and mpeg4 with a framerate up to 30 fps. if i set "Maximum FPS" option in the source, the image gets broken:

see the video at

youtube com/watch?v=bfIbIYG5Aho for the effect. (add the dot back)

if i dont use Maximum FPS, i get max fps and the image is fine, but it is causing 90% cpu load at my machine. the system sould handle 8 cameras later, so i need max ftp working.

here my setup:
zoneminder 1.24.3 preview version (1.24.2 crashes for some reason ...)
ffmpeg svn version ffmpeg-HEAD-2da715c (2011-03-22 14:16)
source setup as ffmpeg source with rtsp://192.168.10.81/live/mpeg4 as "file", but it is exactly the same problem if i use "remote" source with rtsp unicast
ffmpeg build with just ./configure
zoneminder build with
CPPFLAGS="-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS" ./configure --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-webdir=/var/www/motion/htdocs/new --with-webuser=www-data --with-cgidir=/var/www/motion/htdocs/new/cgi-bin --with-mysql=/usr --prefix=/usr/local --with-webgroup=www-data --with-libarch=lib64 --enable-mmap=yes

Code: Select all

root@fs1:~# ipcs -l

------ Shared Memory Limits --------
max number of segments = 4096
max seg size (kbytes) = 524288
max total shared memory (kbytes) = 2147483648
min seg size (bytes) = 1

------ Semaphore Limits --------
max number of arrays = 128
max semaphores per array = 250
max semaphores system wide = 32000
max ops per semop call = 32
semaphore max value = 32767

max queues system wide = 16
max size of message (bytes) = 8192
default max size of queue (bytes) = 16384
the problem occures on both cameras with max fps enabled (set to 4 or 5), the ffmpeg version used works well with rtsp so far.

if needed, i can provide raw mpeg4 data from the camera so you can reproduce the problem on your system.

any ideas what is going on and how to fix that problem? is ther a recommended ffmpeg version? do you need more informations?