Update from 1.24.2 to 1.24.3

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
lucker

Update from 1.24.2 to 1.24.3

Post by lucker »

Hi all!

I'm install zoneminder 1.24.2 on ubuntu server 10.04.1 LTS by this guide http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... g,_etc.%29

Now, I want to update zoneminder, because new version 1.24.3 includes eyezm plugin for Iphones.

Please help me, say what I need to do, or show me link on this forum or wiki, where write how to update zoneminder, step by step.
lucker

Re: Update from 1.24.2 to 1.24.3

Post by lucker »

I'm trying update zondeminder by this guide http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... rom_Source
but i have some question about it.

"then type make install" - where am i must do this???

if I type this in root directory " root@cam-test:~# make install " nothing changes...

when i go to /usr/bin and write " zmupdate.pl --version=<1.24.2> [--user=<zmuser> --pass=<zmpass>]" writes " bash: 1.24.2: there is no such file or directory" ....

please, help me! =( somebody, who made update from zoneminder 1.24.2 to 1.24.3
lucker

Post by lucker »

Nice...new version of zoneminder is ready....but nobody don't know how to update zoneminder from old version.... :(
graphicw

Post by graphicw »

Don't bother with that guide, give this a try:

I am going to assume you are using Ubuntu 11.04 on a server (no GUI). It is always important when you ask for help that you mention the distro and version you are using. It is also important to know rather or not it is 32 bit or 64 bit and rather it is a desktop or server. I will assume you already have networking properly setup on this machine as you have a previous version of zoneminder installed. These instructions will give you a special treat too, libjpeg-turbo. This will also get you to Zoneminder 1.24.4. There has been a recent change in version though it was never announced.
Very important, if you are on a different distro or different version of Ubuntu other than 11.04, stop now, do not follow these instructions, read what I wrote at the very end. If you originally installed zoneminder from a distro package, stop as well, we will need to do a little more work to get you going first before we build it from source. Lets get started, first you need to have root privilege, this will get you that:

Code: Select all

sudo su

apt-get remove ffmpeg libavcodec-extra-52 libavformat-extra-52 libswscale-extra-0 libavfilter-extra-1
You may get an error message after following the above instruction. Don't worry about it, it only means that one of the packages was not installed.

aptitude install build-essential linux-headers-`uname -r` automake perl libauthen-pam-perl \
libpam-runtime libio-pty-perl libmysqlclient-dev \
libarchive-zip-perl libdate-manip-perl libdevice-serialport-perl libjpeg62 libmime-perl libstdc++6 libwww-perl \
zlib1g zip unzip patch ntp openssl libpcre3-dev libssl-dev libjpeg-progs libcurl4-gnutls-dev munin munin-node libmime-lite-perl \
netpbm libbz2-dev subversion yasm libnet-ssleay-perl libauthen-pam-perl libio-pty-perl apt-show-versions

export CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe" && \
export CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" && \
export CPPFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

cd /usr/src
If your system is 32 bit, do the following, if not skip this:

wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/libjpeg-turbo/1.1.1/libjpeg-turbo_1.1.1_i386.deb?use_mirror=voxel

mv libjpeg-turbo_1.1.1_i386.deb?use_mirror=voxel libjpeg-turbo_1.1.1_i386.deb && \
dpkg -i libjpeg-turbo_1.1.1_i386.deb

ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib/libjpeg.a /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libjpeg.a && \
ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/jconfig.h /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/jconfig.h && \
ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/jerror.h /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/jerror.h && \
ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/jmorecfg.h /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/jmorecfg.h && \
ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/jpeglib.h /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/jpeglib.h

echo "/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libjpeg-turbo.conf && \
echo "/usr/local/lib/i386-linux-gnu" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ffmpeg.conf && \
echo "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/i386-linux-gnu:/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" >> /etc/bash.bashrc && \
echo "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH" >> /etc/bash.bashrc

ldconfig
If your system is 64 bit, do the following, if not skip this:

wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/libjpeg-turbo/1.1.1/libjpeg-turbo_1.1.1_amd64.deb?use_mirror=voxel

mv libjpeg-turbo_1.1.1_amd64.deb?use_mirror=voxel libjpeg-turbo_1.1.1_amd64.deb && \
dpkg -i libjpeg-turbo_1.1.1_amd64.deb

ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib/libjpeg.a /usr/lib/amd64-linux-gnu/libjpeg.a && \
ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/jconfig.h /usr/include/amd64-linux-gnu/jconfig.h && \
ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/jerror.h /usr/include/amd64-linux-gnu/jerror.h && \
ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/jmorecfg.h /usr/include/amd64-linux-gnu/jmorecfg.h && \
ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/jpeglib.h /usr/include/amd64-linux-gnu/jpeglib.h

echo "/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libjpeg-turbo.conf && \
echo "/usr/local/lib/amd64-linux-gnu" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ffmpeg.conf && \
echo "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/amd64-linux-gnu:/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" >> /etc/bash.bashrc && \
echo "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH" >> /etc/bash.bashrc

ldconfig
Lets install a few perl modules.

perl -MCPAN -e shell

install CPAN

exit

perl -MCPAN -e shell

install YAML PHP::Serialization Module::Load X10::ActiveHome

exit

LC_ALL=C perl -MCPAN -e shell

install Sys::Mmap

install DBI

install DBD::mysql

exit
This is the horse that pulls the wagon when you want to export video. I will show you how to do it the high quality way without the blocked look exported video normally has.

cd /usr/src && git clone git://git.videolan.org/x264

cd x264

./configure --enable-shared

make

make install

ldconfig

cd /usr/src && git clone git://git.videolan.org/ffmpeg.git

cd /usr/src/ffmpeg/ && ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab --enable-shared

make

make install

make install-libs

cd /lib && ln -s /usr/local/lib/libswscale.so.0 && \
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libavformat.so.52 && \
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so.52 && \
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libavutil.so.50 && \
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libavdevice.so.52 &&\
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libx264.so.107

ldconfig
Now you have a nice ffmpeg to work with, lets get you the latest zoneminder set up in /var/www/zm. If your zoneminder is elswhere, make sure you change this path /var/www/zm in the following instructions to point to the locations of your zoneminder. Let me know if it is in another place too as a few more steps will be required that are not in this little guide. You already have a database, so we wont go over that part:

cd /usr/src 

svn co http://svn.zoneminder.com/svn/zm/trunk zm

cd /usr/src/zm && \ 
./configure --with-webdir=/var/www/zm --with-cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin \
ZM_DB_HOST=localhost ZM_DB_NAME=zm ZM_DB_USER=zmuser \
ZM_DB_PASS=zmpass ZM_SSL_LIB=openssl --enable-debug=no \
--with-webgroup=www-data --with-webuser=www-data --enable-mmap CPPFLAGS="-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS"

aclocal

automake

make

#####Follow the instructions below only if you do not have a zoneminder database:

mysql -u root -p < db/zm_create.sql
#Password that is requested is Mysql root password that was entered during install, not your ubuntu password.

mysql -u root -p

grant select,insert,update,delete on zm.* to 'zmuser'@localhost identified by 'zmpass';

quit

mysqladmin -p reload

####End of database instructions

make install

zmupdate.pl
You should be good unless your zoneminder is set up differently than what I am assuming here. If so, let me know and I or someone else here will add more to these instructions to get you where you need to be. If you are on a different distro other than Ubuntu or Debian, someone else will need to step in to help you. If you are running 10.10 or another version of Ubuntu, I can show you how to upgrade it. I am not leaving all the extra instructions unless you actually need them to avoid confusion and my spending more time here. These instructions are from various guides here with my own twists added to improve it further. I prefer to build from source as well, it is always the easiest to upgrade as you never have to wait for the distro to provide and updated package.
Last edited by graphicw on Mon May 30, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
graphicw

Post by graphicw »

I just now noticed you are on 10.04, update to 11.04 first. It performs a little better.

Here is how to update:

sudo su

apt-get dist-upgrade

reboot
Do this first then follow the instructions in my first post as long as your zoneminder was not installed from a package. Make sure it indicates 11.04 upon reboot or my instructions will not work properly. After you update, you may have to edit your fstab and set up your samba and nfs shares again if you have any going. Not a big deal over all, but it is easier as long as you save your fstab and config files depending on what you have installed on your server.
lucker

Post by lucker »

Hi!

Thanks for help! I'm trying now install it on the virtual machine =) But I have some questions about Perl =(

After this command "perl -MCPAN -e shell" he ask me about installation =(

Can you tell me please, What should I choose, answering its questions about installation?
graphicw

Post by graphicw »

auto install CPAN
lucker

Post by lucker »

After this command "perl -MCPAN -e shell" he ask me about installation.

He doesn't give possibility to write what or a command = ( he asks where there will be directory CPAN and other questions = ( while them you will not answer, anything doesn't allow to do = (
graphicw

Post by graphicw »

When you first put in perl -MCPAN -e shell CPAN is not yet installed. It is going to ask you to install CPAN. Follow all the default option. There will be an option to auto install it. Use the auto install option. The defaults will be fine.
lucker

Post by lucker »

Hello!

Big thanks graphicw!!!! :)

Now i have installed zoneminder 1.24.4 and it work!!! :)

It is necessary to check up only, whether will work with Iphone? :)
asturgeon

Post by asturgeon »

lucker wrote:Hello!

Our iPhone app (http://www.eyezm.com) is built natively for ZoneMinder. You can give it a try to see if it does what you need...
Native iPhone and iPad control for ZoneMinder with eyeZm, the premiere iOS app for use with ZoneMinder.

Visit http://eyezm.com for more info, and subscribe to our RSS feed at http://eyezm.com/rssfeed.xml for news and updates.
lucker

Post by lucker »

asturgeon wrote:

Our iPhone app (http://www.eyezm.com) is built natively for ZoneMinder. You can give it a try to see if it does what you need...
Hi

Just I use eyezm. Yesterday has checked up work zoneminder through Iphone =) All perfectly works! =)
asturgeon

Post by asturgeon »

lucker wrote:
asturgeon wrote:

Hi

Just I use eyezm. Yesterday has checked up work zoneminder through Iphone =) All perfectly works! =)
Glad to hear it :)
Native iPhone and iPad control for ZoneMinder with eyeZm, the premiere iOS app for use with ZoneMinder.

Visit http://eyezm.com for more info, and subscribe to our RSS feed at http://eyezm.com/rssfeed.xml for news and updates.
pete_c

Post by pete_c »

Thank-you graphicw for post to upgrade ZM.

I'm running into one issue right at the end of the ZM build. Will give it a another try tonight.

[quote]g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -fno-inline -I/usr/include -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -g -O2 -MT zm_user.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/zm_user.Tpo -c -o zm_user.o zm_user.cpp
zm_user.cpp: In constructor âUser::User(char**&)â:
zm_user.cpp:38:54: error: âstrncpyâ was not declared in this scope
zm_user.cpp:40:39: error: âatoiâ was not declared in this scope
zm_user.cpp:50:47: error: âstrlenâ was not declared in this scope
zm_user.cpp: In function âUser* zmLoadUser(const char*, const char*)â:
zm_user.cpp:117:32: error: âexitâ was not declared in this scope
zm_user.cpp:124:32: error: âexitâ was not declared in this scope
zm_user.cpp: In function âUser* zmLoadAuthUser(const char*, bool)â:
zm_user.cpp:161:39: error: âgetenvâ was not declared in this scope
zm_user.cpp:176:32: error: âexitâ was not declared in this scope
zm_user.cpp:183:32: error: âexitâ was not declared in this scope
zm_user.cpp:220:51: error: âstrlenâ was not declared in this scope
zm_user.cpp:228:33: error: âstrcmpâ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [zm_user.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/zm/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/zm'
make: *** [all] Error 2[/quote]
Zoneminder User

Box #1 and # 2 - Intel Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit server - Most current beta 1.28 - XX HD IP cams
Box #3 - AMD Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit server - Most current beta 1.28 - XX HD IP cams
Moved rest of analogue cams to Axis Servers and Grandstream cams.
alexsim2004

Post by alexsim2004 »

Will 1.24.4 eventually appear in the Ubuntu Repository? - I am on 10.04 LTS and installed ZM via apt-get, but I dont yet have the skills to upgrade!