1.24.3 and Ubuntu 11.04

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
PacoLM

1.24.3 and Ubuntu 11.04

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

Installed zoneminder using the help provided in this topic http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 21&t=17676 and this one of the wiki http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... _Cambozola

After sending the command service zm start, I got this error:

Code: Select all

root@ubuntu:/usr/src/zm# service zm start
Starting ZoneMinder: /usr/local/bin/zmfix: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libavcore.so.0: symbol av_expr_parse_and_eval, version LIBAVUTIL_50 not defined in file libavutil.so.50 with link time reference
failure
In the logs the output is this:

May 29 22:39:59 ubuntu zmpkg[22568]: INF [Command: start]
May 29 22:40:00 ubuntu zmpkg[22568]: ERR [Unable to run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmfix", output is ""]

Starting ZoneMinder: Can't open config file '/usr/local/etc/zm.conf': Permiso denegado at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 46.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 46.
failure
Any clue?. Seems a permissions problem, but I could not find what is producing the error.

Thanks in advance,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
graphicw

Re: 1.24.3 and Ubuntu 11.04

Post by graphicw »

It appears you have wrong version of ffmpeg. Make sure you build ffmpeg from git rather than subversion. The instructions I give are not 100% complete either, I do not have any instructions for database creation as I assumed the person I tried to help already had their database set up. I will write a complete set of instructions when I have a little time. The instructions in the wiki (Ubuntu Server 11.04 64-bit with ZoneMinder 1.24.x from SVN, FFmpeg, libjpeg-turbo, Webmin, Cambozola) need to be edited as part of the steps are no longer necessary with the updates of zoneminder and the some of the library paths have changed.

These steps are no longer necessary.

cd /usr/src/zm/src && nano zm_utils.cpp

#Insert the following line after other includes,then Ctrl-o to save, Ctrl-x to exit nano
#include <cstdio>

###Edit files below, or ZoneMinder will not compile (depricated as of May 13th, look at update below.)
#
###nano src/zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp      # change “CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO” to “AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO”
###nano src/zm_mpeg.cpp               # change “PKT_FLAG_KEY” to “AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY”
###nano src/zm_mpeg.cpp               # change “CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO” to “AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO”
###nano src/zm_remote_camera_rtsp.cpp # change as before
###nano src/zm_rtsp.cpp               # change as before
###nano src/zm_sdp.cpp                # change all CODEC_TYPE_ to AVMEDIA_TYPE_  
###nano src/zm_sdp.h                  # change “enum CodecType” to “enum AVMediaType”

#UPDATE May 13th, thanks to Nogero (http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17621)

### script to edit cpp files using sed so they compile on Ubuntu 11.04
sed 's/CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO/AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO/g' zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp > /tmp/ptmp.cpp ; mv /tmp/ptmp.cpp zm_ffmpeg_camera.cpp
sed 's/PKT_FLAG_KEY/AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY/g' zm_mpeg.cpp > /tmp/ptmp.cpp ; mv /tmp/ptmp.cpp zm_mpeg.cpp
sed 's/CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO/AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO/g' zm_mpeg.cpp > /tmp/ptmp.cpp ; mv /tmp/ptmp.cpp zm_mpeg.cpp
# zm_remote_camera_rtsp.cpp # change as before
sed 's/PKT_FLAG_KEY/AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY/g' zm_remote_camera_rtsp.cpp > /tmp/ptmp.cpp ; mv /tmp/ptmp.cpp zm_remote_camera_rtsp.cpp
sed 's/CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO/AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO/g' zm_remote_camera_rtsp.cpp > /tmp/ptmp.cpp ; mv /tmp/ptmp.cpp zm_remote_camera_rtsp.cpp
# zm_rtsp.cpp # change as before
sed 's/PKT_FLAG_KEY/AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY/g' zm_rtsp.cpp > /tmp/ptmp.cpp ; mv /tmp/ptmp.cpp zm_rtsp.cpp
sed 's/CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO/AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO/g' zm_rtsp.cpp > /tmp/ptmp.cpp ; mv /tmp/ptmp.cpp zm_rtsp.cpp
sed 's/CODEC_TYPE_/AVMEDIA_TYPE_/g' zm_sdp.cpp > /tmp/ptmp.cpp ; mv /tmp/ptmp.cpp zm_sdp.cpp
sed 's/enum CodecType/enum AVMediaType/g' zm_sdp.h > /tmp/ptmp.cpp ; mv /tmp/ptmp.cpp zm_sdp.h
# -------------- end of script -----------------
These library paths have changed if you are building zoneminder from scratch:

ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib/libjpeg.a /usr/lib/libjpeg.a && \
ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/jconfig.h /usr/include/jconfig.h && \
ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/jerror.h /usr/include/jerror.h && \
ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/jmorecfg.h /usr/include/jmorecfg.h && \
ln -s /opt/libjpeg-turbo/include/jpeglib.h /usr/include/jpeglib.h

#######################
#Configure Lib Paths#
#######################
echo "/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libjpeg-turbo.conf && \
echo "/usr/local/lib" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ffmpeg.conf && \
echo "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" >> /etc/bash.bashrc && \
echo "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH" >> /etc/bash.bashrc
I have the correct paths in the help instructions.
asturgeon

Post by asturgeon »

Check out this thread: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 21&t=17665

This script will install ZM and ffmpeg on recent ubuntus.
Native iPhone and iPad control for ZoneMinder with eyeZm, the premiere iOS app for use with ZoneMinder.

Visit http://eyezm.com for more info, and subscribe to our RSS feed at http://eyezm.com/rssfeed.xml for news and updates.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Hi asturgeon,

I have ran the script and after a successful installation. I have modified the 1.24.3 for the latest 1.24.4 version in the script, I still get this error:

pako@ubuntu:/usr/local/bin$ service zoneminder start
Starting ZoneMinder: zmfix: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libavcore.so.0: symbol av_expr_parse_and_eval, version LIBAVUTIL_50 not defined in file libavutil.so.50 with link time reference
Can't open config file '/usr/local/etc/zm.conf': Permiso denegado at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 100.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder.pm line 33.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 46.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/zmpkg.pl line 46.
failure
This is the log:

May 31 22:37:22 ubuntu zmpkg[4071]: INF [Command: start]
May 31 22:37:22 ubuntu zmpkg[4071]: ERR [Unable to run "/usr/local/bin/zmfix", output is ""]
I have changed the location of the ffmpeg encoder (it was different than the default zm setting), but still the same error. If I run the service as sudo:

pako@ubuntu:/usr/bin$ sudo service zoneminder start
Starting ZoneMinder: zmfix: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libavcore.so.0: symbol av_expr_parse_and_eval, version LIBAVUTIL_50 not defined in file libavutil.so.50 with link time reference
/usr/local/bin/zmfix: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libavcore.so.0: symbol av_expr_parse_and_eval, version LIBAVUTIL_50 not defined in file libavutil.so.50 with link time reference
failure
Any clue?.

Thanks in advance,

PacoLM

asturgeon

Post by asturgeon »

The problem isn't that ZM can't find ffmpeg, it's that it was built expecting a different version that is installed.

You need to start from scratch, and either run the script i posted, or follow the other posts from other users here (either will work). The *most important* step is to remove all ffmpeg packages, along with any of the libav* libraries from /usr/local/lib, or wherever you have installed them. This is crucial.

Once you remove ffmpeg and all of it's libraries, you can recompile using the oldabi branch of ffmpeg (since trunk appears to break some things), and then recompile ZM pointing to the correct location of ffmpeg. This will ensure you are building ZM against the right version of ffmpeg.
Native iPhone and iPad control for ZoneMinder with eyeZm, the premiere iOS app for use with ZoneMinder.

Visit http://eyezm.com for more info, and subscribe to our RSS feed at http://eyezm.com/rssfeed.xml for news and updates.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Thanks, I'll give it a try when I arrive home this afternoon!.

erict35

Post by erict35 »

Hi

I follow this guide :
http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.ph ... _Cambozola

I have tried to compile the 1.24.4 version of ZM on a Ubuntu server 11.04 64 bits. I have un problem with configure telling me that jpeglib.h is not present. In facts it's in the /usr/include directory.

I precise that I haven't modified the source code of ZM as indicated in the text.
Any idea ?

Best Regards
Eric
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

There should be something in config.log indicating why it thought it was missing.
Phil