ZM-1.20.0 Fedoa Core 3 RPM

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
shouchen

Post by shouchen »

Thanks for the quick response, Cordel. The lame package isn't on the FC3 CDs, but I see that you added it to your ftp. (thanks) I used CPAN to install the Convert::BinHex module, but rpm still complains that it isn't there... not aware of it since it wasn't installed via an rpm, I guess. I still have these errors...

error: Failed dependencies:
liba52.so.0 is needed by a52dec-0.7.4-6.rhfc3.at.i386
liba52_0 = 0.7.4 is needed by a52dec-0.7.4-6
liba52_0 = 0.7.4 is needed by a52dec-devel-0.7.4-6
perl(Convert::BinHex) is needed by perl-MIME-tools-5.417-1.noarch

I did a COMPLETE FC3 install... where is liba52 supposed to come from? 'locate liba52' doesn't find it, so I'm sure it doesn't exist on my system. Because I did a full install of all packages, I don't understand why I'm having failed dependencies and others aren't. If you have any more advice, I appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve Houchen
cordel

Post by cordel »

I but the a52-devel on the ftp as well
[root@Fedora ~]# rpm -q --whatprovides liba52.so.0
>liba52_0-0.7.4-6.rhfc3.at
Opps, My bad....
You need the above file that is now on the ftp.
Cheers,
Cordel
chilimonkey

Post by chilimonkey »

You will need perl-Convert-BinHex for "perl(Convert::Binhex)"

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/extras/3 ... noarch.rpm

Steve
cordel

Post by cordel »

I have repackaged perl-MIME-tools.
It's the latest release and no more requirement for convert::BinHex
Cheers,
Cordel
PS I forgot to post that the released zm-1.20.1 package is on my FTP. I had it done a few hours after Phil posted its release. As I will always do, this is compiled with all the default packages from Fedora Core 3 and all the extra packages that you need on my ftp. No one needs any of the devel packages unless you are building the source.
Also forgive me but I miss labeled the version for the zm-packages and so if your had installed any of the release canidates it will inform you that you have a newer version already installed. You will have to force the install in that case.
thelight

Post by thelight »

Are there any FC2 rpm's? I wont be switching my cctv machine to the newest fedora for at least 10 months.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Not unless I can find a machine to load FC2 on. I have no way to build on any other Distro at the moment. I'd be willing to walk someone trough what they need to do if they have the time but I have no way to build any of the packages. All the packages on my ftp would probably have to be rebuilt to have a good clean chance. If I have the time I'll go through the src files and see what needs to be changed if anything. I'll make a new directory 2 under Fedora and put the sources there for someone to rebuild.
Cheers,
Cordel
shouchen

Post by shouchen »

Thank you, Cordel.
With a fresh FC3 install and the RPMs that exist on your ftp now, I am able to install ZM. My next step is to find an inexpensive webcam that is compatible with FC3 and see if I can get zoneminder up and running.
Thanks!
Steve Houchen
thelight

Post by thelight »

If you have a howto for compiling the RPM then I would give it a go when my cctv machine is back online.
cordel

Post by cordel »

thelight,
Is there a peticular reason for sticking with FC2? Just curious... We've made it fairly simple to do with FC3 at this point and as soon as I can find an FTP server with some decent bandwidth :roll: at least better than what I have now or find where my Web site is going to have a home and...
Get the plan together for using either YUM (this would be able to be setup for all distros on the servers if we can find enough people to support each distro and should be the prefered way to update) or up2date (I've started work on testing out the server for this, I just had to play with it and shouldn't waist my time on it but... you know).
I have a single CD distro that give you just what you need to run ZM and the options for VSFTP, Samba, Webmin, Evolution server, and the Gnome desktop all based on FC3 (of course it has mysql, apache, php, perl... all the stuff zm requires including ffmpeg and X10 support). I just need a home for it. It is ready for deployment now with no update ability till a plan is put together.
Oh yeah and right now I'm working on a SELinux targeted policy for zm so you don't have to disable SELinux. I'm hoping to have that in the distro by the end of the month.
I also need to wrap up the art work but other than that it works.
I'll be starting the FC4 version next month
dean_za

Post by dean_za »

Thanks for making these available

have you considered setting up a yum repo so that all people need to do is type yum install zm and it will handle all the depenedencies for us. You could ask Dag Wieers to host your rpms as he already has most of the perl modules avalaible and he supports redhat 7 through to fedora core 3 he would probably be prepared to handle the building of all versions if supplied with a spec file or srpm to start with.

Have a look at http://dag.wieers.com/packages/ for more info

Regards
Dean
thelight

Post by thelight »

My only reason for staying with fc2 is for hassle/stability reasons. Ive been running fedora systems since it was launched and decided to only update my server's main OS once per year, using the fedora lagacy project to keep the system current in terms of security until the time I had pencilled in to do the major OS upgrading work. Im sure there are some other people who dont wish to upgrade to the latest fedora version as soon as it is released so rpm's for the different fedora's would be useful for at least a minority of users.
SyRenity

Post by SyRenity »

Hello.

When trying to install the RPM, with the rpm -ivh *.rpm I'm getting the following errors:

warning: a52dec-0.7.4-6.rhfc3.at.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 66534c2b
warning: perl-Archive-Zip-1.14-FC3.noarch.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 20fd877a
error: Failed dependencies:
perl(Date::Format) is needed by perl-MailTools-1.66-1.noarch
perl(Date::Parse) is needed by perl-MailTools-1.66-1.noarch
perl-TimeDate is needed by zm-1.20.1-FC3.i386

The problem is, that I have already these modules installed via CPAN. Perhaps I'm missing here something?

Thank you.

UPDATE: never mind - I didn't know that the cpan and rpm perl modules are not related. After installing the TimeDate RPM via Synaptic, it all works as charm. Had to do some manual post-install actions, though - the cgi-bin and html hadn't been copied to the destionation directories, so I had to do it manually.
cordel

Post by cordel »

When you install the RPM it querys the RPM database to see if its dependancies are installed. Using CPAN to install does not update that database which is were your problem was.
Cheers,
Cordel
dean_za

Post by dean_za »

Cordel

Are these files still on your server ?
I cant seem to find them

Dean
cordel

Post by cordel »

They are.
I am reorganizing for something to be anounced here soon.
You can find the files here
ftp://cordel.no-ip.info/pub/Fedora/Core ... xtra-RPMS/
Cheers,
Cordel