call mobile phone if alarmed

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
marcodefreitas

Re: call mobile phone if alarmed

Post by marcodefreitas »

I think smstools is better.
harveyronn

Post by harveyronn »

I haven't try this but ZoneMinder can easily analysis daemon. It has best component which name "zma" which is supported to captured frames and checks those motion which can easily instantly generate an alarm or event at the same time. Its automatic interface & events together with a system of alarm may be belongs to X10 signals generation on its vital events.
hoolahoous

Post by hoolahoous »

To reply to OP, it is certainly possible to call cell phone. Not very straightforward though. If you have asterisk installed and configured for outbound dialling, then you can have alarm trigger a shell script which creates the call file in asterisk with custom text. Then asterisk will call your cell phone and read out the message (details about alarm)
Here is syntax 'voip-info org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out (replace space after voip-info with a dot. Forum is not allowing me to post links)