recording doesn't stop

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
dhanasekar

recording doesn't stop

Post by dhanasekar »

I selected the modect option.
modect starts recording a video upon motion detection but never stops recording.
Please help me come out of this.
dhanasekar

Stop recording not working

Post by dhanasekar »

My Hardware and Software details:
Logitech W270 cam.
Debian 6 squeeze(stable) distribution.
Zoneminder 1.24.2

Motion is detected in zoneminder but not stopping in the subsequent absence of motion.
As of now I am disabling the function modect for the stoppage of recording.

If any other solution for the same, please suggest me and help me come out of this.
bb99

Re: recording doesn't stop

Post by bb99 »

Has become a much more common post so I'm not going to rule out another underlying issue but the way to end this typically is to adjust up the source::general::Reference Image Blend %ge. If no luck then go to monitor::zones and decrease sensitivity. I should also mention (important) to eliminate any linked monitors first just to be safe.
jbourgui

Post by jbourgui »

BB99, after reading your post, I changed the settings you mention but am still having the same problem. Here is the symptom:

I put my camera into MoCord and it almost immediately triggers an event. It starts recording, with the Event cause as "Continuous" and WITHOUT any alarm ever triggering OR any score! It records the full length (600 seconds) and then spawns a new event which does the same.

I have looked through the logs and have not found anything useful.

An example:

Id Name Monitor Cause Time(^) Duration Frames Alarm Frames Total Score Avg. Score 70 New Event camera1 Continuous 11/18 21:08:05 82.16 400 0 0 0 0

Running on:
Ubuntu server 10.4
ZM 1.24.2

Any help? How to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!!

-joe
(sorry the table looks bad!) :)
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Sounds normal for Mocord (Mocord – This is a hybrid of Modect and Record and results in both fixed length events being recorded and also any motion being highlighted within those events). Try Modect (Modect – or MOtion DEteCTtion. All captured images will be analysed and events generated where motion is detected).
jbourgui

[SOLVED] Re: recording doesn't stop

Post by jbourgui »

bb99 wrote:Sounds normal for Mocord (Mocord – This is a hybrid of Modect and Record and results in both fixed length events being recorded and also any motion being highlighted within those events). Try Modect (Modect – or MOtion DEteCTtion. All captured images will be analysed and events generated where motion is detected).
WOW. I really wish this was covered a little better in the documentation. This solved my "problem", which was having the system set IN THE WRONG MODE! I (incorrectly) assumed that Modect wouldn't automatically record on motion detection, so I automatically used Mocord.

BB99, thanks for clearing this up, and I hope more people benefit from this answer! :D

Cheers,

-joe
bb99

Post by bb99 »

Question pops up from time to time.
dhanasekar

Post by dhanasekar »

I dont find any logs in the specified folder
Help me to enable creating logs.