RTP/ RTSP / HTTP Configuration Standards

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
huff

RTP/ RTSP / HTTP Configuration Standards

Post by huff »

I have not used ZM for a few years and am currently attempting to connect several different IP cameras. In the past most of my devices were /dev based and a few IP cameras that just connected http via port 80. Seems what i am familiar with is no longer the defacto for these new IP cameras, and UPnP and RTSP are the new standards?

Could someone please go over these technologies and any standardizations, if any, for example the relation between RTP/ Unicast, RTP/ Multicast, RTP/ RTSP, RTP/ RTSP/ HTTP and '<user>:<pass>@<ip address>: or / port or options. I am having difficulty finding any documentation on these, there usage and there are just too many combinations to attempt brute force configuration :(

Thank You in Advance,

Huff
prairietech

Re: RTP/ RTSP / HTTP Configuration Standards

Post by prairietech »

huff wrote: Could someone please go over these technologies and any standardizations, if any, for example the relation between RTP/ Unicast, RTP/ Multicast, RTP/ RTSP, RTP/ RTSP/ HTTP and '<user>:<pass>@<ip address>: or / port or options. I am having difficulty finding any documentation on these, there usage and there are just too many combinations to attempt brute force configuration :(

Thank You in Advance,

Huff
Sorry I can't help but am in the same situation as you are. I posted a similar question for a IP video encoder I am trying to use with ZM but no replies yet. Another one of my questions has also gone unanswered so I guess my applications are not main stream enough. Maybe a little chatter will awaken the wizards?
huff

Post by huff »

PrarieTech,

I appreciate the attempt, I will hold my breath for a short while... In the meantime, what is your video encoder question, maybe I know something, like you, we are re-inventing known quantities.

Thanks,

Huff
prairietech

Post by prairietech »

huff wrote:PrarieTech,

I appreciate the attempt, I will hold my breath for a short while... In the meantime, what is your video encoder question, maybe I know something, like you, we are re-inventing known quantities.

Thanks,

Huff
I've got a ACTi ACD-2100 (actually branded SED-8120 by Microtek) single channel encoder. It is older technology but works well. I bought the encoder as a pair with it's matching decoder. As a pair they work great. However using the decoder with ZM is pretty silly. I did receive a reply regarding configuration with ZM but am still working through the details that were provided.