PurgeWhenFull filter is not working

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
teddy

PurgeWhenFull filter is not working

Post by teddy »

I have the PurgeWhenFull filter setup, but it does not automatically delete events when the disk becomes more than 95% full. My disk just fills to 100% and I have to delete events from the command line. Any suggestions?
cordel

Post by cordel »

You may not have it all the way set up.
You have to open your filters window and select purge when full. Then click on save and you will have a set of options, check the one for delete and save.
If that is already done then you need to check the logs for errors.
Cheers,
Cordel
teddy

OK, it works now. I need perl modules

Post by teddy »

This works now, which is a real relief. As suggested, I looked at the log file. Specifically, I looked at the /tmp/zmdc.log file. This file had an error that said:
Can't locate MIME/Entity.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl) at /usr/local/bin/zmfilter.pl line 102.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/zmfilter.pl line 102.
So I looked at line 102 of the /usr/local/bin/zmfilter.pl file. It said:
use MIME::Entity;
That looked like the syntax for a perl module. So I searched for RPM packages (for FC1) that had the keyword perl in thier name or description. Then I searched that list of RPM packages for the keyword mime.

The packages that the search yielded were:
perl-MIME-Types - MIME types module for Perl
perl-MIME-tools - Modules for parsing and creating MIME entities in Perl
I installed them, restarted Zoneminder, and the filters worked.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Glad you got it resolved.
Cheers,
Cordel
jetheller

Post by jetheller »

Wow, how did you get ZM installed without MIME::Entity? My first task when installing ZM was to track down a gazillion Perl libs that Fedora absently forgot that every production box needs.
cordel

Post by cordel »

He installed from source. The RPM is setup to require the packages as part of the build/install process :)