getting errors while trying to start zoneminder

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
beezle

getting errors while trying to start zoneminder

Post by beezle »

I've been running ZM since January with no issues, a couple nights ago I tried to go into my filters menu to delete signal reaquired events and got a bunch of SQL errors. So i decided to restart the server as it was 100% disk usage and running slowly. Once rebooted, I got the following errors:

service zoneminder start
Starting ZoneMinder: Bareword "ZM_DYN_DB_VERSION" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 150.
Bareword "ZM_DYN_DB_VERSION" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 149.
Bareword "ZM_DYN_DB_VERSION" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 151.
Execution of /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
failure

so i decided to try zmupdate.pl -f and get:
Bareword "ZM_DYN_DB_VERSION" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 111.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 149.

After the above errors I decided to check my mysql tables with mysqlcheck --all-databases --auto-repair -p and everything checked OK:
zm.Config OK
zm.ControlPresets OK
zm.Controls OK
zm.Devices OK
zm.Events OK
zm.Filters OK
zm.Frames OK
zm.Groups OK
zm.Logs OK
zm.MonitorPresets OK
zm.Monitors OK
zm.States OK
zm.Stats OK
zm.TriggersX10 OK
zm.Users OK
zm.ZonePresets OK
zm.Zones OK

While doing some research, someone said their Config file in the sql table was empty and they had to set it back up using the ubuntu setup script, so I logged into mysql checked the table and it has 175 lines. At this point I dont know what to do except reinstall and set everything back up from scratch.

Also updated ubuntu which included a mysql update but it has not changed the outcome at all.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
foldedhome

Re: getting errors while trying to start zoneminder

Post by foldedhome »

hi

I have 216 lines in my config table of zm database

I had the similar issue and restored just the last few lines from an earlir db backup that I had and then all started working correctly.