Now hear this: Please test 1.26-beta.3!

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
kylejohnson

Now hear this: Please test 1.26-beta.3!

Post by kylejohnson »

1.26-beta.3 can be found here: https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinde ... a.3.tar.gz

Please report issues in this thread.

What we need is:

Testing on Gentoo and Arch, and on other popular distros
Testing of ffmpeg sources
Testing of local (/dev/...) sources
Idling as gnulnx in #zoneminder on freenode. Come say hi!
windracer

Re: Now hear this: Please test 1.26-beta.3!

Post by windracer »

I still can't build 1.26b3. Same ffmpeg issue I had before:

Code: Select all

g++ -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -g -O2  -L/usr/local/bin/lib -L/usr/lib/mysql   -o zmc zmc.o zm_box.o zm_buffer.o zm_camera.o zm_comms.o zm_config.o zm_coord.o zm.o zm_db.o zm_logger.o zm_event.o zm_exception.o zm_file_camera.o zm_ffmpeg_camera.o zm_image.o zm_jpeg.o zm_local_camera.o zm_monitor.o zm_ffmpeg.o zm_mpeg.o zm_poly.o zm_regexp.o zm_remote_camera.o zm_remote_camera_http.o zm_remote_camera_rtsp.o zm_rtp.o zm_rtp_ctrl.o zm_rtp_data.o zm_rtp_source.o zm_rtsp.o zm_sdp.o zm_signal.o zm_stream.o zm_thread.o zm_time.o zm_timer.o zm_user.o zm_utils.o zm_zone.o  -lz -lbz2 -lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lx264 -lz -lpcre -lgnutls-openssl -lgnutls -lgcrypt -ldl -lpthread -ljpeg -lmysqlclient
zm_mpeg.o: In function `encode_frame':
/usr/src/ZoneMinder-1.26-beta.3/src/zm_mpeg.cpp:40: undefined reference to `avcodec_encode_video2'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [zmc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ZoneMinder-1.26-beta.3/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ZoneMinder-1.26-beta.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Google searching that error ("undefined reference to `avcodec_encode_video2'") seems to point to a link order problem? It's a little beyond my abilities to figure out at the moment.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

windracer,
How are you attempting to install ffmpeg & zoneminder? What are your configure options for both? Did you compare what you are doing to the contents of the puppet module script files like I suggested previously?

From the puppet module params.pp file:

$prerequisites = ['apache2', 'mysql-server', 'php5', 'php5-mysql', 'build-essential', 'libmysqlclient-dev', 'libssl-dev', 'libbz2-dev', 'libpcre3-dev', 'libdbi-perl', 'libarchive-zip-perl', 'libdate-manip-perl', 'libdevice-serialport-perl', 'libmime-perl', 'libpcre3', 'libwww-perl', 'libdbd-mysql-perl', 'libsys-mmap-perl', 'yasm', 'subversion', 'automake', 'autoconf', 'libjpeg-turbo8-dev', 'libjpeg-turbo8', 'apache2-mpm-prefork', 'libapache2-mod-php5', 'php5-cli']

$zoneminder_source = 'https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder.git'

$ffmpeg_source = 'git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git'
  $ffmpeg_configure_options = '--enable-shared --enable-swscale --enable-gpl'

$libjpeg_source = 'http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/libjpeg-turbo/1.1.1/libjpeg-turbo_1.1.1_amd64.deb?use_mirror=voxel'
From the puppet module configure.sh.erb file:

libtoolize --force
aclocal
autoheader
automake --force-missing --add-missing
autoconf

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:/opt/libjpeg-turbo/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE=$(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE)
DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE=$(dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE)

CXXFLAGS=" -DZM_FFMPEG_CVS -DHAVE_LIBCRYPTO -msse2 -I/usr/local/include"

CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS" ./configure --with-libarch=lib/$DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE --disable-debug --host=$DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE --build=$DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE --with-mysql=/usr --with-webdir=/var/www/zm --with-ffmpeg=/usr --with-cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin --with-webuser=www-data --with-webgroup=www-data --enable-crashtrace=no --enable-mmap=yes ZM_SSL_LIB=openssl ZM_DB_USER=zm ZM_DB_PASS=zm
This tells you how kyle downloaded, configured, and installed zoneminder and its dependencies.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
elfking

Post by elfking »

Great work and thanks for all the hard work!

I was able to get it compiled on Ubuntu Desktop 12.04LTS (64-bit) without much trouble...

Always fun to checkout the latest and greatest!
windracer

Post by windracer »

knnniggett wrote:windracer,
How are you attempting to install ffmpeg & zoneminder? What are your configure options for both?
I normally build ffmpeg from source using this guide. My current configure options for ffmpeg are:

ffmpeg version git-2013-09-06-bcd1c20 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Sep  5 2013 22:07:11 with gcc 4.7 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.3-1ubuntu1)
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-libass --enable-libfaac --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-librtmp --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-shared --enable-swscale --enable-nonfree --enable-version3
  libavutil      52. 43.100 / 52. 43.100
  libavcodec     55. 31.101 / 55. 31.101
  libavformat    55. 16.101 / 55. 16.101
  libavdevice    55.  3.100 / 55.  3.100
  libavfilter     3. 83.104 /  3. 83.104
  libswscale      2.  5.100 /  2.  5.100
  libswresample   0. 17.103 /  0. 17.103
  libpostproc    52.  3.100 / 52.  3.100
However, it would appear that somewhere I must have an old version of libavcodec being linked in that doesn't have avcodec_encode_video2. I'll keep messing around to see if I can figure this out. Otherwise I'll check out the puppet module and see if I can use it without blowing away my existing ZM installation.
windracer

Post by windracer »

Ok, I managed to compile 1.26b3. It was indeed some outdated libavcodec libraries that was causing my error. After getting all of that cleaned up, the compile finished and I was able to upgrade my existing 1.25 installation.

Still have a little work to do ... all my monitors are in black-and-white now instead of color.

edit: ah, all of my monitors' target colorspace settings had reverted to 8-bit grayscale for some reason. I set them back to 24-bit color and I'm back in business.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

windracer wrote:Ok, I managed to compile 1.26b3. It was indeed some outdated libavcodec libraries that was causing my error. After getting all of that cleaned up, the compile finished and I was able to upgrade my existing 1.25 installation.

Still have a little work to do ... all my monitors are in black-and-white now instead of color.

edit: ah, all of my monitors' target colorspace settings had reverted to 8-bit grayscale for some reason. I set them back to 24-bit color and I'm back in business.
Glad you got it working. Note that 1.26 has now been officially released so are you ready to do this again? :-)

Also, note that you may want to switch to 32-bit color. The short answer to the qeustion why is that only 32-bit color will take advantage of SSE instructions while 24 does not. For an in-depth explaination, see this thread:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... =9&t=17652
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
windracer

Post by windracer »

knnniggett wrote:Glad you got it working. Note that 1.26 has now been officially released so are you ready to do this again? :-)
Doh! That just happened today? How funny ... time to recompile again! :o
windracer

Post by windracer »

Ok, I downloaded and compiled/installed the 1.26 final release. However, ZM shows me running 1.26.0 and if I click on that version link it tells me the latest release is 1.26.1. Did I miss something?

edit: ah, nevermind, I see 1.26.2 is out now! 8)
windracer

Post by windracer »

Just one note: I wasn't able to run zmupdate.pl to upgrade from 1.26.0 to 1.26.2 (it said it couldn't update from that version). So I had to set ZM_DYN_DB_VERSION and ZM_DYN_DB_VERSION in the Config table to 1.26.2 manually in order to get ZM to start again.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

windracer wrote:Just one note: I wasn't able to run zmupdate.pl to upgrade from 1.26.0 to 1.26.2 (it said it couldn't update from that version). So I had to set ZM_DYN_DB_VERSION and ZM_DYN_DB_VERSION in the Config table to 1.26.2 manually in order to get ZM to start again.
Ah, thanks for that. Flagged this as an issue:
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder/issues/114
kylejohnson

Post by kylejohnson »

I've just merged the DB fix into the master branch.
Idling as gnulnx in #zoneminder on freenode. Come say hi!
spiritwalker

Post by spiritwalker »

Installing 1.26.3 - September 10th, 2013 on fresh Centos 6.4 x64.

My ffmpeg version is 0.6.5.

Readme.md says " works with ffmpeg version N-55540-g93f4277"

Do I need to remove my 0.6.5 version and install the N-55540..?"

Athlon64 (3300), 1GB SDRAM, Testbed server.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

spiritwalker wrote:Installing 1.26.3 - September 10th, 2013 on fresh Centos 6.4 x64.

My ffmpeg version is 0.6.5.

Readme.md says " works with ffmpeg version N-55540-g93f4277"

Do I need to remove my 0.6.5 version and install the N-55540..?"

Athlon64 (3300), 1GB SDRAM, Testbed server.
Probably not.
How are you installing zoneminder? from source? rpm?

The zoneminder rpm's I have built are still using the version of ffmpeg from the rpmforge repository, which is 0.6.5. It works fine.
spiritwalker

Post by spiritwalker »

:D Awesome! :D

Fresh Centos 6.4 Min CD x64 Install with Zoneminder 1.26.3.1 working right out the box.

Nice!

Thank you!

Looking forward to digging in on what's new, performance, and masterknife's plug-ins.

Salvaged Old Desktop PC (Test-Server)
AMD 64 Athlon 3330
768MB SDRAM
Anykeeper 16CH (Bttv=131,131,131,131 tuner=4,4,4,4)
Centos 6.4 x64bit Single CD install (minimal) (Lots of post yum upgrades/updates + RPM Forge Updates and dependancies)
ffmpeg 0.6.5 installed from latest RPM updates
php.ini - short_open_tag = On
SELINUX=off
iptables=off