Data from previous frames re-appearing

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
zarkov1994

Data from previous frames re-appearing

Post by zarkov1994 »

Hi there,

I've been running ZM for a number of years and have had no issues up until now. I've just replace the host PC I'm using with an old Athlon XP 2800+ on a DFI Lanparty NForce4 based board with 4Gb RAM and 2 SATA hard drives. I'm using a generic 16 port analogue capture card which has been running without issue in my previous box, configured as a GV-800 (bttv card ID 157). I'm only using 4 inputs on this card one off each BT878 chip at a resolution of 382x288 PAL YUYV, these setting are as my previous build. As this was a new build I'd popped Fedora 20 on it.

Zoneminder is running fine, no errors to speak of, but when I play back recorded events I notice "strips" of a previous frame appearing across the current frame. The glitched data appears to be correct but from a frame around 5 to 10 frames previous to the one on display. Because the data is from the same scene it's only noticeable as glitch when something has changed in that scene. As far as i'm aware the "strip" covers the entire width of the frame and varies in height but is usually around 5 pixels at various vertical positions.

I've seen this on all four inputs and originally thought it was down to the capture card as I was using an different card while I was building the new box. As a result I replace this card with the one from the working production box but the issue was still there.

I've tried moving the capture card into a different PCI slot, disabling unused adapters (Firewire and LAN), tryed to ensure no IRQ conflicts, switched to single buffer mode in ZM, checked the shared memory setting for Fedora but nothing seems to solve the issue.

Can anyone shine any light onto why I might be getting these odd artifacts? (see attached)
Attachments
Artifact appears across my t-shirt in this frame
Artifact appears across my t-shirt in this frame
137-capture.jpg (38.59 KiB) Viewed 4387 times
Zoneminder 1.36.15 running under:
Fedora 35, Ryzen 5 3600x, 24Gb RAM, 512Gb WD Blue SN570 System SDD, 4TB Seagate Skyhawk Event HDD
Numerous Reolink RLC-410 (Wired IP)