Raw stream viewer

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
maciekc

Re: It is working

Post by maciekc »

gola10 wrote:Maciekc:
it say "Could not find free Xv adapter........" but it is working anyway.

Thanks for your help.

I need to REMOTELY view all the cameras as i do with xlib_shm. Can it be used remotely?
I have tried to open a ssh session and run it but it is slow and only the first row of cameras is displayed.

Is there a remote viewer for Linux? other than Montage.

Thanks
It is intented to local use only.
It won't work good remotely.
You can use stalkercam that would work much better, as it gets images in jpegs. And you don't have to set remote x session.
Here it is: http://dig.hopto.org/stalkercam/
You can search forum for description or just ask me.
gola10

Post by gola10 »

Yes, i need some help with stalkercam.
se first parameter -X has me confused.
Let say i want to get the images of ZM that is in a computer on address 192.168.20.68 and want to see monitor 1234.

How should i do it?

Thanks
maciekc

Post by maciekc »

gola10 wrote:Yes, i need some help with stalkercam.
se first parameter -X has me confused.
Let say i want to get the images of ZM that is in a computer on address 192.168.20.68 and want to see monitor 1234.

How should i do it?

Thanks
X is short of xserver. I don't remember why it is needed. But it works.
I only changed some lines in source so it can be usable in zoneminder system.

So you need to make a bash script starting 4 instances of stalkercam.

f.e.

#!/bin/bash
/pathto/stalkercam -X "http://192.168.20.68/cgi-bin/zms?mode=s ... &scale=100" -x 0 -y 0 -s 50 &
/pathto/stalkercam -X "http://192.168.20.68/cgi-bin/zms?mode=s ... &scale=100" -x 400 -y 0 -s 50 &
/pathto/stalkercam -X "http://192.168.20.68/cgi-bin/zms?mode=s ... &scale=100" -x 0 -y 300 -s 50 &
/pathto/stalkercam -X "http://192.168.20.68/cgi-bin/zms?mode=s ... &scale=100" -x 400 -y 300 -s 50 &

That should work ok. You can adjust scale, but better set resolution to 800x600 so cameras would almost fill all the space.
gola10

Post by gola10 »

This is with stalkercam installed on the remote computer.
just ran this from a console as a regular user

/opt/stalkercam/stalkercam -X "http://192.168.20.68/cgi-bin/zms?mode=s ... &scale=100" -x 0 -y 0 -s 50 &

and this is what i get
[1] 4328

it looks like a process is running but i do not see anything in the screen.
Just to clear some concepts.
Where should i install stalkercam? on the zm computer or on the remote one?
maciekc

Post by maciekc »

gola10 wrote:This is with stalkercam installed on the remote computer.
just ran this from a console as a regular user

/opt/stalkercam/stalkercam -X "http://192.168.20.68/cgi-bin/zms?mode=s ... &scale=100" -x 0 -y 0 -s 50 &

and this is what i get
[1] 4328

it looks like a process is running but i do not see anything in the screen.
Just to clear some concepts.
Where should i install stalkercam? on the zm computer or on the remote one?
On the remote.
Are you sure the path to image is ok?
Maybe you have user authentication enabled in zoneminder?
gola10

Post by gola10 »

You are right again.
My path is /cgi-bin/nph-zms. This installation is from the Mandriva 2006 ZM livecd and this is how the path was set.
Also, I had enable "Authenticate user logins to ZoneMinder " and this was the second problem.

Now it is working.

Is there a way to pass the userrname and password so i can set "Authenticate user logins to ZoneMinder " enable?

Thanks for your help.
maciekc

Post by maciekc »

gola10 wrote:You are right again.
My path is /cgi-bin/nph-zms. This installation is from the Mandriva 2006 ZM livecd and this is how the path was set.
Also, I had enable "Authenticate user logins to ZoneMinder " and this was the second problem.

Now it is working.

Is there a way to pass the userrname and password so i can set "Authenticate user logins to ZoneMinder " enable?

Thanks for your help.
Yes you can.
You "probably" must use remote authentication via apache htpasswd, IMHO is better than php.
You have to setup your apache to accept calling nph-zms from ip that will have stalkercam running.
If any probelms ask me, I'll try to give you some sample config.
acrid

Feature Request

Post by acrid »

i saw a nice feature on a commercial software and i think its not possible to rebuild for the php/html based webinterface.

the screen was split in 16 fields, every field was reserved for a camera - but all where gray. they only showed the live picture if there was motion.

another cool thing was the replay for a time segment. there were the 16 fields again - and only a picture when there was motion.

(maybe jame's liveviewer does it allready... didn't try it for quite a while)

and i think you should put something about the viewer on the wiki :)

cheers,
tim

Code: Select all

$> man woman
$> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
gola10

Post by gola10 »

maciekc wrote:Yes you can.
You "probably" must use remote authentication via apache htpasswd, IMHO is better than php.
You have to setup your apache to accept calling nph-zms from ip that will have stalkercam running.
If any probelms ask me, I'll try to give you some sample config.
I do not have any experience with apache.
Any tips?
I will appreciate those sample config when you have the time to make them.

Thanks
sesam_pt

Post by sesam_pt »

Hello. Thanks for xlib, it's very very good

In conjunction with the recording of the events with Zoneminder and display of all the cameras in one monitor with xlib. I also need to send this images by adsl(640kbits upload) to my central office, i've been using mpeg4live(x264) to send just one camera, but i cannot find a way to make just one stream composed by 4 or 6 cameras streams, like xlib does and send it with mpeg4live.

It's possible to use the vloopback in conjuntion with xlib, for instance using xlib output as vloopback input so that i can send this composed stream by mpeg4live(x264).

Thank You

Many thanks to zoneminder creator..
madmax

Post by madmax »

Will StalkerCam Run on OSX ??
jameswilson

Re: Feature Request

Post by jameswilson »

acrid wrote:i saw a nice feature on a commercial software and i think its not possible to rebuild for the php/html based webinterface.

the screen was split in 16 fields, every field was reserved for a camera - but all where gray. they only showed the live picture if there was motion.

another cool thing was the replay for a time segment. there were the 16 fields again - and only a picture when there was motion.

(maybe jame's liveviewer does it allready... didn't try it for quite a while)

and i think you should put something about the viewer on the wiki :)

cheers,
tim
no it doesnt but its a hell of a good idea, ill add that. but only live, doing that on playback would be too bigger project for my abilities
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

I tried the xlib 0.6.3 files today, but could not uncompress the .tgz files. (Either gl or non-gl) I could uncompress 0.6.2, but it segfaults... Is there a fix, or another source of the 0.6.3 files?
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

They are misnamed. They are actually compressed with bzip2. So if you extract with "tar -jxvf xlib..." they will work.
maciekc

Post by maciekc »

rdmelin wrote:They are misnamed. They are actually compressed with bzip2. So if you extract with "tar -jxvf xlib..." they will work.
Fixed. Sorry for mistake. Now there is tgz and tar.bz2 available.