ZM 1.23.3 and Ubuntu 8.10

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
liviab

Post by liviab »

Did you resolve the problem with shared memory??? :o
What did you do? Only the command sudo usermod -a -G video www-data?

Here I'm with this problem and the command zmu -q -v --device /dev/video0 shows the camera's proprieties as your is showing.
I'm using fedora and I did usermod -a -G video apache, should it work?
Is there the possibility of another user, not apache but one related with video, trying to access something without permission??

By the way.... Searching in log files, I found the message bellow in the file /var/log/messages:

Code: Select all

Feb  6 13:34:09 localhost pulseaudio[3124]: pid.c: Stale PID file, overwriting.
Feb  6 13:34:09 localhost pulseaudio[3108]: main.c: Called SUID root and real-time/high-priority scheduling was requested in the configuration. However, we lack the necessary privileges:
Feb  6 13:34:09 localhost pulseaudio[3108]: main.c: We are not in group 'pulse-rt' and PolicyKit refuse to grant us privileges. Dropping SUID again.
Feb  6 13:34:09 localhost pulseaudio[3108]: main.c: For enabling real-time scheduling please acquire the appropriate PolicyKit privileges, or become a member of 'pulse-rt', or increase the RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits for this user.
Feb  6 13:34:09 localhost pulseaudio[3108]: main.c: High-priority scheduling enabled in configuration but not allowed by policy.
Feb  6 13:34:09 localhost pulseaudio[3108]: core-util.c: setpriority(): Permission denied
Feb  6 13:34:10 localhost pulseaudio[3131]: pid.c: Daemon already running.
Feb  6 13:34:18 localhost zmwatch[2457]: ERR [Can't get shared memory id '7a6d0001', 1: No such file or directory]
This message is showed in the beginning of the day's log, after the starting of the ZM. The error with shared memory (last line of the "code" above) is the first on the day, after that there are a lot of this error. So, I think that the "Permission denied" described by pulseaudio can have something related with the ZoneMinder's problem.

Anyone knows something about it? :?