ZoneMinder Remote Camera Viewer for Android Phones

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
linuxsense

Re: ZoneMinder Remote Camera Viewer for Android Phones

Post by linuxsense »

Just wanted to add that I loaded up tinycam again and the startup time was not nearly as long as it was when I tried it a few days ago. Its not quite as fast as IP cam on startup but its certainly fast enough. The only other problem I have is I can't get all 6 cams on one screen. I don't mind some aspect ratio distortion to have all 6 on one screen. Also, when viewing 5 cams how do you change which cam is in the center position?
alexvas

Post by alexvas »

linuxsense wrote:Just wanted to add that I loaded up tinycam again and the startup time was not nearly as long as it was when I tried it a few days ago. Its not quite as fast as IP cam on startup but its certainly fast enough. The only other problem I have is I can't get all 6 cams on one screen. I don't mind some aspect ratio distortion to have all 6 on one screen. Also, when viewing 5 cams how do you change which cam is in the center position?
tinyCam Monitor FREE version has a limitation. Only 4 cams allowed at once.
PRO version allows 16 cams to be viewed at the same time.

The center position cam is the first enabled cam in Manage Cameras window. You can change cameras order if you drag camera icon in Manage Cameras.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

alexvas wrote:
linuxsense wrote:Just wanted to add that I loaded up tinycam again and the startup time was not nearly as long as it was when I tried it a few days ago. Its not quite as fast as IP cam on startup but its certainly fast enough. The only other problem I have is I can't get all 6 cams on one screen. I don't mind some aspect ratio distortion to have all 6 on one screen. Also, when viewing 5 cams how do you change which cam is in the center position?
tinyCam Monitor FREE version has a limitation. Only 4 cams allowed at once.
PRO version allows 16 cams to be viewed at the same time.

The center position cam is the first enabled cam in Manage Cameras window. You can change cameras order if you drag camera icon in Manage Cameras.
I have the paid version but still cant see how you get all cams to display on the screen at one time, I can get 5 cams on one screen and the 6th on a second page. No matter though, I no longer use it.
alexvas

Post by alexvas »

I have the paid version but still cant see how you get all cams to display on the screen at one time, I can get 5 cams on one screen and the 6th on a second page. No matter though, I no longer use it.
PRO version is installed as a separate application. Be sure that you are not using FREE one which has limitation. You will need to Export/Import your cameras using Manage Cameras window.

In PRO version press Menu button while watching the cams and select "Cameras per page..." menu item. Select your own number of cameras. Checkout this YouTube video.
linuxsense

Post by linuxsense »

alexvas wrote:
PRO version is installed as a separate application. Be sure that you are not using FREE one which has limitation. You will need to Export/Import your cameras using Manage Cameras window.

In PRO version press Menu button while watching the cams and select "Cameras per page..." menu item. Select your own number of cameras. Checkout this YouTube video.
I purchased the pro version before using the free one as I have no problem supporting developers that support Zoneminder installations even if I might not use the software, the only version I have ever had installed is named "tinyCam Monitor PRO" in the Android Market. My biggest issue with it is that I cant have all 6 of my cams on a single screen unless I run the display as a 9 camera display. I understand that this preserves the aspect ratio better, but that is not a concern for my use.

I get this:

I want this: