New ZoomPan (Zooming and Panning) on Watch, Montage page

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
IgorA100

Re: New ZoomPan (Zooming and Panning) on Watch, Montage page

Post by IgorA100 »

Bluemax wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:12 pm Works great.
OK.
Bluemax wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:12 pm There seems to be a little race condition though when you pinch-zoom on the event.
Yes, I know. But I don't have time to work on this improvement yet. Maybe I'll come up with something later.
Bluemax wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:12 pm i understand the 2nd PR correctly.
Yes
Bluemax wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:12 pm It works this way if the inner frame is zoomed-out completely.
No, it works with any Zoom.

Isaac merged my PR, so you can check it out yourself next time you update.
Bluemax

Post by Bluemax »

Hmm, i've tried that again. The 2nd PR only works when the inner frame is zoomed-out completely here. If zoomed-in any double-tap has no effect. Not a big problem though.

Can you enforce the 'Scaling' size? Currently all values (but 'Actual') are limited to window/page size (fit to width). When i watch a 720p event on mobile/desktop-mode only max480 and max640 have an effect. All others above are just like max640 (they don't go larger and do not zoom over the visible area). An exception is 'Actual' that is somewhat larger indeed and exceeds the screen size (but its not enough - i still have to manually zoom-in some more).
IgorA100

Post by IgorA100 »

Bluemax wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:58 pm If zoomed-in any double-tap has no effect.
Possibly depends on the mobile device. On Windows it works without problems. On some Android smartphones it also works. More information and analysis is required.
Bluemax wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:58 pm Can you enforce the 'Scaling' size?
No. Because I don't understand why it is needed. The visible area of ​​the image cannot exceed the screen size.
This option was primarily intended to display the image either at the full width of the screen or at the full height. Then the "Actual" option was added to the option, which displays the actual size.
Sizes like max480, max640 are intended to limit the maximum size at low bandwidth of the Internet channel.

All image scaling occurs either by pressing the "+", "-" buttons, or by using the mouse wheel, or by using the finger on the touch scr
Bluemax

Post by Bluemax »

IgorA100 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:39 amI don't understand why it is needed. The visible area of ​​the image cannot exceed the screen size.
Sure it can exceed the screen size (actual size). That's exactly what I use it for and demonstrated that in the video above. That's a very convenient and useful way to watch events on mobile/portrait/desktop_mode (chrome). Actually it's the only way to watch them on mobile. Other modes (mobile view) have show stoppers or hard bugs that make navigation impossible.

I've seen you have modified fullscreen mode behavior (by click on player canvas). Now, first click on player canvas does nothing. Another click leads to fullscreen. That prevents dragging the canvas again. Same problem as some posts above. It would be great if you could disable this code until you finish this completely (as you mentioned in a PR). I guess you want to achieve a proper double click behavior.
IgorA100

Post by IgorA100 »

Bluemax I can't figure out what exactly I don't like?

1. When zoom=1, you can scale the entire page by grabbing any part, including the image. This is the option you requested.

2. When zoom is different from 1, it is impossible to scale the entire page by grabbing the image, since in this case panning will work. You need to grab any part of the page except the image.

3. Double tap on the image (at any zoom value) - turns on full-screen mode. Double tap again - exits full-screen mode.
I guess you want to achieve a proper double click behavior.
Double tap works correctly.
Another click leads to fullscreen. That prevents dragging the canvas again.
In fullscreen mode, you have nothing on the screen except the image and the player control buttons. enlarge the image by pressing the "+" button or by swiping and then panning.
if you could disable this code
What code exactly???
Bluemax

Post by Bluemax »

IgorA100 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:36 pm 1. When zoom=1, you can scale the entire page by grabbing any part, including the image. This is the option you requested.
Yes, and it did work before but i guess we have a regression here. It doesn't work anymore since some days. Current situation is:
- First click (or grab) on player canvas does nothing. Any further single-click(!) leads to fullscreen switch (you can even wait some seconds in-between - it always does a double-click by single-clicking). That's what i meant by missing "proper double-click". Something seems wrong with double-click behavior. This only affects mobile/chrome browsers not PC/desktop ones.
IgorA100 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:36 pm What code exactly???
Not sure. I will revert some commits/files and report back.

Edit: Reverting this fixes the problem. Will check some more.
Edit2: Its not this and other commits i don't see fit so i guess its the one above.
IgorA100

Post by IgorA100 »

Bluemax wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:44 pm It doesn't work anymore since some days.
I got you.
Maybe this PR will fix the problem.
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/zoneminder/pull/4157
Please check.
If the problem persists, I will definitely come up with something in a few days. Probably there is a mistake somewhere...
Bluemax

Post by Bluemax »

No, sorry. The PR doesn't help.
IgorA100

Post by IgorA100 »

Bluemax wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:05 pm No, sorry. The PR doesn't help.
I may have fixed the issue in PR https://github.com/ZoneMinder/zoneminder/pull/4159
Please check.
Bluemax

Post by Bluemax »

Yes, works. Thanks!
IgorA100

Post by IgorA100 »

Great!