Shared Memory problem

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
sick347

Post by sick347 »

maclellan wrote:In my experience I aso had this error. My personal recommendation is to try converting your database over to INNODB tables. Researching the web I found this to be faster for larger tables (as events grow) and much more reliable.

-scott
REALLY good point scott. I checked the mysql website to learn about it and I found that the mysql version I'm running is 4.1.10a-Max | 2006-03-16 and according to the link below INNODB is default since 4.0

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/ ... -3-23.html

Is it possible that it was switched BACK to the old way?

thanks
-frank
got my eye on you!
pneumoboy

Priorities

Post by pneumoboy »

Quick question... I cannot seem to locate a definite answer in the docs or on the forums.

I had the same issue -- "Buffer overrun at index 23, slow down capture, speed up analysis or increase ring buffer size"

I noticed that every time it happened the same camera would stop recording events. My cameras are ID 1, 3, 5, and 7 (just happened that way). Camera 7 is the one that stops recording events when the buffer overrun occurs (even when set to MOCORD).

Is there a priority of which cameras cut off first when resources are tight, or is it just random? I would obviously want the important cameras to stay running the longest in times of trouble.

Thanks in advance...