64 bit build

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
caseystone

Post by caseystone »

Answering (partly) my own question:

The libpcre.so.0 I was talking about is apparently the marker for the 64 bit one. I was looking in /usr/lib64 but the file actually is in just /lib64. So I made the symlink there as instructed and haven't heard any problems from it yet...

-Casey
cursor

pcre.h not found on FC4 64

Post by cursor »

After starting over and carefully following the procedure I was able to get configure to finish. Now the problems is that when doing make I get an error that pcre.h is not found:

In file included from zm_remote_camera.h:27,
from zm_remote_camera.cpp:39:
zm_regexp.h:32:2: error: #error Unable to locate pcre.h, please do 'locate pcre.h' and report location to zoneminder.com

The file is located in: /usr/include/pcre.h
SyRenity

Post by SyRenity »

Hi.

I think, a quick fix for it would be to create a directory /usr/include/pcre/, and symlink the pcre.h to there, resulting in the following link: /user/include/pcre.h.

The other way may involve the zm_regexp.h file, to point to the correct location of the pcre.h (/usr/include/pcre.h).
caseystone

Post by caseystone »

I should have posted earlier, but I should note that my attempts to update to 1.21.4 on my 64 bit FC3 install were not successful. I was in a little over my head and probably ended up with the wrong version of ffmpeg and/or comingled files from different versions.

I started a new thread for it which details my woes.. it's kind of sad actually, but if you want to see my flailings: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5214

-Casey
cordel

Post by cordel »

Hi casey,
Have you tried my 64 bit package?
I have packaged up all the extra stuff as well and it's up on my ftp.
caseystone

Post by caseystone »

Corey:

I did dl the 64-bit ctm iso (from the url you pm'd me), but I have not installed it yet. I'm assuming everything I need is wrapped in that one iso, yes?

I'll be trying it soon! You will no doubt hear from me shortly before, during, or after I install it! :wink:

Thanks.

-Casey