Windows Live Viewer..27-11-05 Now Complete Frontend for ZM!!

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
drakkan

Post by drakkan »

jameswilson wrote:thanks drakken it will be in the next release i promise, not sure when the next release will be released but i will add this before lol

James
maybe you can release a beta so I can make some last minute coorrections,

thanks
drakkan
Pilote

Post by Pilote »

Ok, I've been playing with a LiveCD of this and have finally purchased a real camera to use with ZM. This is a really cool application. I hope to be able to contribute some knowledge some day since I'm not a total newbie.

I do have one question so far, exactly what is the purpose of the ZM4MS piece? I pointed my web browser to the IP of the machine that has the LiveCD running on it and I was able to get the ZM console to come up without any problem. I did install the ZM4MS thinking that I would need it to run my system headless but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Sorry for what I'm sure is a REAL stupid question but I'd appreciate some clarification.

Brian
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

you dont need zm4ms for anything. It is purly a non browser based front end, that solves a few issues with firefox. But definetly learn zm without it
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi James

I seem to have some installation problems.

For some odd reason it fails in the install on my newly installed fully updated computer.

Win XP Pro (Danish)
.NET 1.1 SP1
.NET 2.0
Windows Installer 3.1

But still i get the following error. :

Code: Select all

The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = Intel {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 5.1.2 {version}
Running checks for package '.NET Framework 2.0', phase BuildList
Running external check with command line "C:\DOCUME~1\naga\LOKALE~1\Temp\VSDB.tmp\dotnetfx\dotnetchk.exe"
Process exited with code 1
Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNetInstalled'
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer'
Read string value '6.0.2900.2180'
Setting value '6.0.2900.2180 {string}' for property 'IEVersion'
The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 2.0':
Property: [DotNetInstalled] = 1 {int}
Property: [IEVersion] = 6.0.2900.2180 {string}
Running checks for command 'dotnetfx\instmsia.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'VersionNT': true
Result of checks for command 'dotnetfx\instmsia.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'dotnetfx\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'Version9x': false
Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.0.3': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.0': true
Result of checks for command 'dotnetfx\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'dotnetfx\dotnetfx.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'DotNetInstalled' and value '0': true
Result of checks for command 'dotnetfx\dotnetfx.exe' is 'Bypass'
'.NET Framework 2.0' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Running checks for package 'Windows Installer 3.1', phase BuildList
The following properties have been set for package 'Windows Installer 3.1':
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.1': true
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller3_1\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Windows Installer 3.1' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
Running command 'c:\temp\viseonviewer2\ViseonViewer2.application' with arguments ''
ShellExecuteEx failed with error code -2147221003
Error: The following error occurred attempting to install 'c:\temp\viseonviewer2\ViseonViewer2.application':
"Programmet kan ikke findes "
The last line translates into : "Program not found"

I hope you can help me out on this one.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

new one on me mate
first i assume you have re downloaded incase of a dodgy download

that you have unzipped it into a folder (c:/temp i assume)

and that you are using setup not the oldway of installing
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi James

To answer your questions fast i will have to say yes to em all.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

im stumped then. I remerb having an issue on a 2k machine that i had to remove all .net framworks, restart etc and install just 2.0 framework then it would install but it moaned about a missing cab file.
Unfortunatly that part of the install process sint written by me im afraid so im a little confused.

Has it worked ok till now? Also you dont have some horrible anti virus thing thats preventing anything do you?
James Wilson

voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi James

It would seem that i might have a HDD problem, i have to wait untill after new year to order a new one, i hope this is the root to the problem.

And to answer your question yes it worked one my last install with no problems at all.

I have even tried to uninstall .Net both 1.1 and 2.0 and rebooted and still the same problem.

Iam using Symantec Antivirus 2006, and havent been having problems with other programs (thou they are not .Net apps.).
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

id be astounded if yuo ahve a hd issue that is hidden when removing .net frameworks and reinstalling but show up on zm4ms installs!!

Id look at something else first. I dont know what but a hd error would show up in other ways. Also try installing from a usb key or fileserver etc.

If needed ill know up a test .net app to see if no .net2 apps will work.
As .net 3 is coming im still on vs 2005 so it will be .net 2 for a while yet from me
James Wilson

voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi James

What you say makes sence, purhaps you could put toghether a test app that i could try to install.

On another note are you trying to write to any of the .NET system files, i seem to recall a problem about 6 - 8 months ago where i had a problem with some of my .NET system files bieng read only due to some HP driveres making them so after installation, but now i cant remember what files it was, and i cant remember the problem so googling is quite hard. :oops:
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

no all config is held in its own file but i have had a system with a corrupt .net after numerous poower fails and had to repair .net. I will raise a test app next time im at the dev pc
James Wilson

jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

just noticed i havnt done this, so sorry do you still need it?
James Wilson

voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi James

Yes i still need this, havent had the time do futher testing thou. Have been busy working :D
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

test app done

www.jpwilson.eu/test.zip

and install in the normal way
just opens a window with a button on it that does nothing!

uses all the same libs as zm4ms
James Wilson

voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi James

The test app fails as well :cry:
Best Regards
Tom Stage