Camera Source Won't Connect

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
retrial5

Camera Source Won't Connect

Post by retrial5 »

I have ZM set up. I've used 1.22 with no issue, and have upgraded to CentOS with 1.23 now.

When i'm setting the source for my cameras i've tried dev/video and dev/video0 which are both valid paths. However, I can not get a video feed for either.

I've checked the camera and the infrared lights are on so I know it's getting power. I've tried using channel 0/1 as I have two cameras but I can't get an image from either.

Does anyone have suggestions?
Jason_Bassett

Post by Jason_Bassett »

Have you tried /dev/v4l/videoXX?

I found mine worked when I used the video nodes in there.
Last edited by Jason_Bassett on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corrilan IT Consultancy Ltd
http://www.corrilan.com
01375 403508
enquiries@corrilan.com
retrial5

Post by retrial5 »

No such folder.

I've noted that video forwards itself to video0. So video0 is my obvious source.
retrial5

Post by retrial5 »

I still for the life of me can't get these cameras to show. The path is correct: dev/video0. am I missing a slash? Should it be /dev/video0 or dev/video0?

It's a 4 port card but uses a dongle. I've tried using all of the actual camera numbers but no feed. When I click on zones it's just a blank image with the red overlay.

Can someone please offer some assistance?
cordel

Post by cordel »

should be /dev/video0
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

To start, there are lots of 4 port cards. does it have 1 or 4 chips? That is your /dev/video0 through /dev/video3 if you have more than 1 chip. If you have a split chip, you will be using channels on /dev/video0 to get image. Not that in many cases the number on the pigtail has no relation to the software settings. Check all 4 as it could be numbered backwards.

This is assuming that your card is correctly configured, which is often not the case.
retrial5

Post by retrial5 »

I've tried all this, and Xawtv gives me permission denied when I try to ./configure or make as user or SU.

Im about to go back to Windows.
retrial5

Post by retrial5 »

Is a 1.23 liveCD available? I'm not sure why my card worked with Mandriva but is not with CentOS.