Converting v4l2 to v4l problem

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
jonfarrimond

Converting v4l2 to v4l problem

Post by jonfarrimond »

Hello, this is my first post here so comes with some back story to setup my problems.

I'm setting up a research tool which needs to view from at least a group of 12 independent cctv cameras at any one time and record from them. At the moment I'm fiddling with a prototype system using one camera and plan to expand after I get zoneminder to work.

My prototype machine is running;
Fedora release 9 (Sulphur)
Kernel linux 2.6.25.3-18.fc.x86_64
GNOME 2.22.1

Ram - 4Gb
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 (3GHz)

With a Tibet Systems Pro 8 port video capture card (the v4l card code is 131) setup with a camera connected to composite 0.

Under xawtv all is working however in zoneminder I don't see any stills or streams. At the moment I think its because i'm using the v4l2 driver with the hardware (while I realise there are some projects working to make zoneminder v4l2 compatible they don't seem to have reached release standard yet) so need to work out how I can change my v4l2 driver to the v4l driver.

Any help would be appreciated as I have very little experience with linux in general and no experience in removing drivers under a linux system.

Cheers,
Jon.
gasmasher

Post by gasmasher »

You may be running into the same issue I did, Jon. After a bit of testing I found that the 2.6.25 kernel does not have a suitable v4l2 to v4l interface for running ZM. I am currently running a 2.6.24 kernel with ZM with at least a week uptime and no problems now. Please see my post here for more info.
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... highlight=