Ubuntu 7.10 UVC Cam No Image

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
RexLuporum

Ubuntu 7.10 UVC Cam No Image

Post by RexLuporum »

Hi Guys
I stucked in setup Zoneminder. I've got a Quickcam Pro 5000 (the good one ;) ) and she works with mjpeg-streamer (i got a stream at localhost:8080/?action=stream). BUT if a define a monitor in Zoneminder with host localhost port 8080 and path /?action=stream, then the source is red and i got a this if i klick on webcam0

it seems that the image ist broken, but if i type in firefox localhost:8080/?action=snapshot i've got a picture and if i load localhost:8080/?action=stream into vlc i've got the stream

any idea how to fix this?
Blazer

Post by Blazer »

Use this for the Remote Host Path:
/?action=snapshot

Including the forward-slash! ZM doesn't access it as a stream, but rather just quickly grabs successive still images.
RexLuporum

Post by RexLuporum »

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
you cant believe how happy i am now :D a Problem that engaged me since 1-2 months is finally solved
pcapazzi

Post by pcapazzi »

I think I've done exactly what you describe above, but I don't see any image.

I have Ubuntu 8.10 with and have verified the mjpg_streamer provides both a stream and snapshot. I was suprised how easy it was to get streaming video up and running with that application alone. It seems that no matter what way I configure the monitor it never shows a picture.

I'm using this on a dell laptop (XPS M1330) and it has a built in webcam (Bus 007 Device 003: ID 05a9:7670 OmniVision Technologies, Inc.). I think this is provided by UVCVideo (I see it in lsmod). I don't know much about webcams in linux right now, but I think this is using V4L2 drivers (how can i verify this is the case or not?)

My Monitor config is:
Remote (localhost, 8080, /?action=snapshot, 24 bit colour, 640, 480, Normal)
Monitor
Enabled
15 Max FPS
Alarm FPS 15
The rest are default values.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Pete