xUbuntu 1.24 Live CD

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
curtishall

xUbuntu 1.24 Live CD

Post by curtishall »

Cordel / Phil: This could possibly be moved to User Contributions if you don't want it here.

The first beta release of the 1.24 Live CD is available here:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=238866

It's setup by default to work with a four port, 120FPS capture card (Specifically the PV-149) with these device paths:

/dev/video0,0
/dev/video1,0
/dev/video2,0
/dev/video3,0

The resolution is set at 320x240.

Burn the ISO image to a disk or play with it in Virtualbox / VMWare (neither support PCI pass-through so your capture card will not work).

Open Firefox and connect to http://127.0.0.1 and it should be working for you. A couple things need to be added in the full release (links on the desktop to open firefox to http://127.0.0.1) and some optimizations on startup. This is just a quick beta release.

Note: ZoneMinder-1.24 is built from source as there is not a ubuntu package currently available. This is based on xUbuntu 8.10.

Report any issues back to this thread.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
allanE

Post by allanE »

Thanks Curtis for the build. It worked perfectly as a live cd and I will set it up as on a VM later today.
kpiep

Post by kpiep »

Hi Curtis,

thanks for the LiveCD.
Can you give me the root-password?

Regards,
kpiep
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

kpiep wrote:Hi Curtis,

thanks for the LiveCD.
Can you give me the root-password?

Regards,
kpiep
Root accounts are basically disabled in ubuntu (http://swik.net/Ubuntu/Ubuntu+Tutorials ... sword/w02i). You can use 'sudo' for most tasks.
Last edited by curtishall on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

allanE wrote:Thanks Curtis for the build. It worked perfectly as a live cd and I will set it up as on a VM later today.
I'd be interested to know what your setup was (Analog or IP) and which IP cameras (if any).

We've tested ACTi, Axis and Zavio.

Thanks
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

Hello all just wondering if all features are working on this CD ie does email notification work? ftp upload?
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

c0mputerking wrote:Hello all just wondering if all features are working on this CD ie does email notification work? ftp upload?
I haven't personally tested any of that yet. The perl modules were added and ZoneMinder built for all these features so in theory it should work.

Feel free to try :)
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
allanE

Post by allanE »

Curtis
I'd be interested to know what your setup was (Analog or IP) and which IP cameras (if any).

We've tested ACTi, Axis and Zavio.

I set the live cd up on my laptop and tested it using my two existing servers as well as with a Intellinet 503181 ip camera. That gave me eight cameras on three platforms. Using a zoneminder server as a video source sets up just like a group of ip cameras It worked well,and it is now in the process of installing on a VM .

tnx
Allan
Last edited by allanE on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
kpiep

Post by kpiep »

Can't find Video4linux2 in the source-settings....
Not included yet?

Regards,
kpiep
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

kpiep wrote:Can't find Video4linux2 in the source-settings....
Not included yet?

Regards,
kpiep
Do you mean in the ZoneMinder settings?
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
kpiep

Post by kpiep »

@curtishall
Do you mean in the ZoneMinder settings?
Yes,
i mean in the zm Camera-Settings for DVR-Cards like kodicom ...
In the 1.24 versions i tested (compiled from source and the kubuntu-Live-DVD from Chuck) were a pull-down menue where i can choose between v4l and v4l2..

regards,
kpiep
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

Yes Curtis i noticed the same thing there is no v4l2 setting like on the DVD. However i prefer your version on cd better cleaner faster there is alot of stuff on the DVD that is usefull but not completely necessary.

1. My filters do not work, I cannot save filters I always get an error I am not near that machine right now so do not know the exact error sorry maybe you can confirm. I have tried deleting the purgewhenfull filter but it will not delete either can you confirm?? If not i will try an reinstall

2. Cannot get 640X480 working each time i set camera to 640X480 picture goes black. This camera works ok at 640X480 on my 1.23 box however that is my own Gentoo homebrew system.
nuck

Post by nuck »

When setting up a new monitor with 1.24.0, the default settings for V4L2 are messed up. This is a known bug that Phil has yet to release an update for. I expect Phil will release an update fairly soon to cover these.

If you happen to spot something that doesn't seem to working as you'd expect, by all means (please do) take the time to start a new thread and document it to the best of your ability. I'm sure the effort would be well appreciated.
Last edited by nuck on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
c0mputerking

Post by c0mputerking »

So how come it works on ChuckD's cd?
nuck

Post by nuck »

c0mputerking wrote:So how come it works on ChuckD's cd?
I dunno... Lemme look up the thread and I'll get back to you.