Big Problems for Me

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
treesloth

Big Problems for Me

Post by treesloth »

After viewing the system remotely for a couple days it stops starting even locally, until I reboot the pc. My 1st idea is to right a script to reboot the pc every day or two. and set it up as a cron or deamon, not sure cause I'am not elite. Unless there is a fix for what is causing the lock up aside from rebooting. :?:

I see this errror in the systems log but don't know if it effects anything; buffer overrun index 0. image 17600 speed up analysis or increase ring buffer size

Also I can view zm from my own IE browser, but when I go to a friend's house most of the time I can't connect. What is it that I got that let's my windows(vista ultimate) machine using IE connect but other can't. My guess is they need to update their browse. :?:

P.S. Thanks to everyone on doing the development and forum posters! I hope I can get my install stable, I' d help me sleep better, thats for sure.
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

Unless there is a fix for what is causing the lock up aside from rebooting.
There is a bug in zoneminder 1.24.1 that is discussed in this thread along with a fix:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... 1045#51045
I will be putting up a patched zoneminder package soon that may help your problem.

Aside from that setting up a cron script to reboot every night is easy enough to do. Give it a try if you want. If you can't figure it out (with help from google) let me now and I'll talk you through it.
treesloth

pacted up

Post by treesloth »

I applied the snippet of code, but one of my major problems is that I can view the stream from my home on a Vista ultimate machine eith IE but at my friends house(she has XP and seven-beta) I can't see the stream just an x where it should be. Now what dependencies is she missing that my newly installed system has that she doesn't. My first guess was to update the browser, then after that the java, but it still didn't work.
henriquejf

Post by henriquejf »

search the wiki/faqs/documentation for "combozola" plugin, and change option > config accordingly; i think it will fix the browser behavior;

is the browser that is having problems able to watch youtube videos, flash content, etc ? if not i think you have to reinstall java / flash, etc, as you already did, until you have that under control first, then go to the zm behavior only after that... just a guess;
-----------------------
Henrique Barbosa
Consultant
Juiz de Fora, MG - Brazil
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

What distro are you using? CD, DVD, Vmware?

I do not see this issue and use zm montag, ZMviewer and or jZMConsole and never have to restart zoneminder. That's why I give 3 choices of viewing the camera feeds. Not to mention you can install jZMConsole on windows and allow people to view feeds without ever looking at the Zoneminder web gui and not have to worry about what browser she has.