libavcodec52 problems on debian stable...

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
st2000

libavcodec52 problems on debian stable...

Post by st2000 »

Hi...

I completely rebuilt my server/mythtv/zoneminder box and want to try running zoneminder again on it! But I am having problems installing it:
---
# dpkg --install zoneminder_1.24.1-1_i386.deb
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of zoneminder:
zoneminder depends on libavcodec52 (>= 3:0.svn20090303-1) | libavcodec-unstripped-52 (>= 3:0.svn20090303-1); however:
Package libavcodec52 is not installed.
Package libavcodec-unstripped-52 is not installed.
---

I am running Debian stable - I don't think libavcodec52 is available for Debian stable. And I do not want to jeopardize my mythtv set-up by moving to unstable. That took tooooo long to get just right.

Is there a way around this?

-thanks
Last edited by st2000 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
st2000

Post by st2000 »

I found this:

http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist= ... zoneminder

...so is this a zoneminder or a Debian problem?
st2000

Post by st2000 »

Bump...

I've $100s invested in cameras and have tried zoneminder off and on over the past several years. I have never really considered my set up stable enough to "go it unattended" for any length of time. But I would like to get there this summer as I have a Debian server up and running all the time now.

Does anyone know if this problem I described is a Debian problem, a zoneminder packaging problem or just pilot error on my part?

Thanks for any help.
st2000

Post by st2000 »

st2000 wrote:Bump...

Does anyone know if this problem I described is a Debian problem, a zoneminder packaging problem or just pilot error on my part?

Thanks for any help.
Usually people on this forum jump in on these types of problems. Any ways, I think this problem is touched upon in this thread. However, it is only mentioned and there is no explanation as to how it was done. So I posted a question there - we'll see...

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... sc&start=0
hushpuppy

Post by hushpuppy »

I have never installed from a package, despite using debian all the time, I always compile the source.

I'm busy updating my live cd (debian based) to the latest version of zoneminder, and have everything working.

A few days ago i installed the latest version of ffmpeg, and libavcodec.so.52 is in the ffmpeg/libavcodec directory.

I think youre probably going to have to do the same, compile from source.

If you mess up, i **think** it's possible to do a uninstall as well.

I do remember having problems compiling ffmpeg, it turned out to be "/usr/lib had old ffmpeg libav* files in it, so delted those and make completed" (taken from my notes on building the cd).

Hope this helps