Broken Images

Support and queries relating to all previous versions of ZoneMinder
monsieurdozier

Broken Images

Post by monsieurdozier »

I'm running Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 LTS with a Microsoft VX 1000 Camera.

The camera runs just fine in camorama and cheese, however when I try to set it up for Zoneminder, all I get is a broken image.

Any help?
hushpuppy

Post by hushpuppy »

It's likely to be the wrong settings for the cam, look under source/source from the main zm page, and try different options with Device Format & Capture Pallette, make sure the Capture width & height are set small initially (320 & 240) and take it from there.
monsieurdozier

Post by monsieurdozier »

I've tried various setting to no avail. The line on the camera source in the console is orange, so it should be seeing the camera.

I've tried both the VX 1000 and a Logitech Quickcam for Notebooks, both are working in xawtv but not ZM.

I'm just kindof lost.
hushpuppy

Post by hushpuppy »

But have you tried each and every option of both together ?

I remember one camera i had would only work with an uncommon mixture, something like FMT6 and YUV420P (it wasnt that, but you get my drift), and only then with a setting of 320 x 240.

Are you also sure you've got the correct driver ?
monsieurdozier

Post by monsieurdozier »

I've tried every possibility I can think of. And I do believe I have the right drivers, since they both are working under xawtv.

I'm not sure if ZM is activating the camera. The light on the camera is not coming on when I run a monitor in ZM.
hushpuppy

Post by hushpuppy »

Then you need to post your log files, all zm files, (check them yourself first, and if there's no obvious errors, incriease the debug level under options). Also your 'messages' , syslog & dmesg files.

If it works under xawtv (whats the output for that) then it's sure to work under zm.

You may also want to look at this thread,
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... sc&start=0

I included it (i think) on my last live CD, it's definitley included on the new one.
cordel

Post by cordel »

In xawtv, make sure you can get a valid jpg snapshot since this is the method ZM uses to get an image.