Triple Image with pv-183 (16 port card) from BlueCherry

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
pvted

Triple Image with pv-183 (16 port card) from BlueCherry

Post by pvted »

We just purchased a 16 port pv-183 card from Bluecherry. We've set up the system using the Bluecherry live cd running xubuntu.

It does work, however, when we view the monitors, we see 3 small images instead of a single large image. We get the same result with 320x200 as we do with 640x400 (except everything is smaller - but still 3 images).

I've been unable to find any references to this problem. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
pvted

Solution Found

Post by pvted »

My problem turned out to be the Capture Palette setting. Since the cameras are black and white, we'd set this to grey. After changing it to RGB24, the multiple image problem was fixed.
savoy9020

Post by savoy9020 »

Where you able to use all 16 ports?

I have one, and just now setting up cameras.

What frame rate where you able to use/sustain?

Bill
rmoore

Post by rmoore »

I'm curious on the framerate as well. I have a PV155 we just purchased but I'm getting less than a single FPS using 14 of the 16 inputs. Using just one camera per chip yields good results but that limits you to only 4 of the 16 inputs since there are only four chips on the card I got. I'm tempted to try to return this one and get one with 8 chips perhaps, but even when using 2 per chip the FPS drops to about 2-3FPS. I was hoping to get between 4-8FPS at least.