struggiling with controls for logitech sphere AF

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
dasbooter

struggiling with controls for logitech sphere AF

Post by dasbooter »

I have perused the forums on controlling this camera locally(from the server it is set up on without mjpgstreamer) but it looks like a few things have changed with this zoneminder version and uvcvideo .Of course I could be wrong. It seems as though there may be more than one way to do this and perhaps this is confusing me.. either way hope I learn something :)

Pertinent Info:

System:Karmic Ubuntu 9.10
kernel:2.6.31-16-generic
Zoneminder Version:1.24.1
Apache Version:2.2.12
Perl Version:5.10.0-24
Wxcam version:1.0.4-1
uvcdynctrl 0.2

Code: Select all

uvcdynctrl -c
gives:

Raw bits per pixel
  Disable video processing
  LED1 Frequency
  LED1 Mode
  Pan/tilt Reset
  Focus (absolute)
  Tilt Reset
  Pan Reset
  Tilt (relative)
  Pan (relative)
  Exposure, Auto Priority
  Exposure (Absolute)
  Exposure, Auto
  Backlight Compensation
  Sharpness
  Power Line Frequency
  Gain
  White Balance Temperature, Auto
  Saturation
  Contrast
  Brightness
Apache log while messing around:

Can't connect: No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Debug.pm line 349
	ZoneMinder::Debug::Fatal('Can\'t connect: No such file or directory') called at /usr/bin/zmcontrol.pl line 153
[Sat Dec 19 17:03:39 2009] [error] [client ::1] /usr/bin/zmcontrol.pl --panspeed=15 --autostop --command=moveConRight --id=10=>, referer: http://localhost/?view=watch&mid=10
[Sat Dec 19 17:03:39 2009] [error] [client ::1] array (\n  0 => \n  array (\n    'file' => '/usr/share/zoneminder/ajax/control.php',\n    'line' => 1000,\n    'function' => 'ajaxError',\n    'args' => \n    array (\n      0 => '/usr/bin/zmcontrol.pl --panspeed=15 --autostop --command=moveConRight --id=10=>',\n    ),\n  ),\n  1 => \n  array (\n    'file' => '/usr/share/zoneminder/index.php',\n    'line' => 116,\n    'args' => \n    array (\n      0 => '/usr/share/zoneminder/ajax/control.php',\n    ),\n    'function' => 'require_once',\n  ),\n), referer: http://localhost/?view=watch&mid=10
Seems to be nothing in /var/log/zm/

Hopefully this is enough for somebody to start me on the road. I think despite what I have read I have a fundamental misunderstanding of how libwebcam, uvcvideo, and uvcdynctrl (maybe PTZ?) can work with zoneminder via a control module. The camera does work to produce an image though and the combination with mysql is very powerful. I guess I should add I have had no success trying to Motion working with controls either.
dasbooter

Post by dasbooter »

+48 hr bump ... just throw me a bone for this(now using 1.4.2.2 ZM) It seems like open source devs working with logitech keep changing the commands to initiate the moves for reset etc. I wish there was preset in zm ... but then I suppose I wouldnt learn anything :?
cordel

Post by cordel »

I would guess that you configured the script wrong in the database.
How did you set it up?
ssalerno

Control Device with uvcdynctrl

Post by ssalerno »

Ok I have got the command uvcdynctrl to work in a shell so I know it works, but I can not get it to work in ZoneMinder.

What do you put in the Control Device ?

/sys/class/video4linux/videoX/pan_tilt Does not exists.

when I try the bokusouchi script I keep getting these errors in my zmcontrol.log.

02/18/10 05:38:29.516659 zmcontrol[10214].INF [Control server 9/uvctrl starting at 10/02/18 05:38:29]02/18/10 05:38:39.517519 zmcontrol[10213].FAT [Can't connect: No such file or directory

Any Help would be appreciated.

P.S here is the link to the shell uvcdynctrl commands for anyone who wants them.

http://forums.quickcamteam.net/showthread.php?tid=212

Steve