zm_web_montage

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
Jason_Bassett

zm_web_montage

Post by Jason_Bassett »

From my searching, I understand that Zoneminder used to have a ZM_WEB_MONTAGE setting in its configuration. I never had a need to achieve what I think it did so did not make use of it, but now I have a system with many more cameras and would therefore like to set a default montage scale and layout.

Any chance this feature could be reinstated in the next release?

Thankyou
Last edited by Jason_Bassett on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corrilan IT Consultancy Ltd
http://www.corrilan.com
01375 403508
enquiries@corrilan.com
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

Its right at the top cycle / montage
Jason_Bassett

Setting defaults

Post by Jason_Bassett »

Hello

I know that the Cycle/Montage view is available still and that I can select Scale and Layout within it. But this does not save my required Scale and Layout.

What I would like it to set the default Scale and Layout for the Montage window, from within the Options area.

That way, when anyone on any machine opens the Montage, it will open with the default Scale and Layout - perhaps even allow a per user setting to allow it to be overridden depending on users preferences.

Jason
Last edited by Jason_Bassett on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corrilan IT Consultancy Ltd
http://www.corrilan.com
01375 403508
enquiries@corrilan.com
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

Oh well its removed but its still a way either under each cam theres

misc->Default Scale

or under

options->high-med-low->WEB_DEFAULT_SCALE
joeinbend

Post by joeinbend »

hey guys, old post here. I just upgraded from 1.23 to 1.24 in Ubuntu Server 9.10, and was disappointed to find that the feature to set the size and scale of the montage pop-up has apparently been removed. I really liked this feature, because I had it set up to have little 30% scale sizes of my cameras in a pop-up that was very small, so i could have it sitting in the top left of my screen, to casually keep an eye on things at home from work. Now, it just pops up this monstrosity of a layout.

Why was this removed, and is it possible to manually edit config files to achieve this?
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

IT was rewritten to be css comparable and more dynamic unfortunately they didn't finish it.
joeinbend

Post by joeinbend »

Bummer. I rolled back to 1.23 to get this function back. I hope we are seeing an update to ZM before the end of the year!!
NotMe

Re: Setting defaults

Post by NotMe »

Jason_Bassett wrote:Hello

I know that the Cycle/Montage view is available still and that I can select Scale and Layout within it. But this does not save my required Scale and Layout.

What I would like it to set the default Scale and Layout for the Montage window, from within the Options area.

That way, when anyone on any machine opens the Montage, it will open with the default Scale and Layout - perhaps even allow a per user setting to allow it to be overridden depending on users preferences.

Jason
on the Zoneminder console you can choose options on the top right corner if you have root or admin control. In three tabs for bandwidth: High B/W, Medium B/W and Low B/W there is a setting for WEB_x_DEFAULT_SCALE. You can change it to any percentage scale you prefer it to open on. A user can still change it if they prefer a different scale view. You can also change it on each camera option but that's a pain.

I do wish it had an option to change how many cameras per row as a default. I cant seem to find that anywhere. The montage default is 3-wide but I prefer 4-wide, since it fits nicely full screen.

>.<