Recording with slower frame rate than analysis

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
Briago

Recording with slower frame rate than analysis

Post by Briago »

I would like to 'mocord' my backyard with a normal frame rate of 0.25 (one frame every 4 seconds). Then during alarm, have it go up to 20fps. I am already doing this.

However, when the normal frame rate is 0.25, the motion detection doesn't work as well, as there are bigger jumps between frames, and it can take 4 seconds before it knows there is motion.

So, is there a way for ZM to analyze a camera at ~5fps, record at 0.25fps, and alarm at 20fps?

In case this is not yet available, I think a quick way to enable this would be to provide an option of (Record 1 frame per X analyzed), with an input of X. Then have a code loop that only stores the first image of the loop of X repetitions.
Briago

Post by Briago »

If you know that this is not currently possible, please advise as well. If that is the case I'll see about moving this to the suggested features area.

If you know it to be possible, but don't want to explain it. Well, I understand, but please let me know so that I know that I should spend the time looking harder for it.
andywright

Post by andywright »

I think the "Skip Frames" setting might be what you're looking for.