Where to set the alarm email

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
cmf

Where to set the alarm email

Post by cmf »

Hi, i would like the zoneminder to send me an email when there is a motion detect, but I couldn't find it. I also want zoneminder to send me an email with a jpeg or short mpeg attached. Is there anybody can help me?
And, is there any blankout detection on zoneminder? The camera maybe blinded.
kyakan

I have the same problem

Post by kyakan »

I don't understood how to notification work.

I have create a filter, and when executed some event are found, I have check message, email and execute in background item in the filter setup.

I have put custom execute command with a simple bash script like this:

echo "LOG" >> /tmp/zm.log

but anything was appended in the log file!

How to I can setup Zoneminder for sending email when an event occur?

Please help me!
bdmcnxn

Re: Where to set the alarm email

Post by bdmcnxn »

cmf wrote:Hi, i would like the zoneminder to send me an email when there is a motion detect, but I couldn't find it. I also want zoneminder to send me an email with a jpeg or short mpeg attached. Is there anybody can help me?
And, is there any blankout detection on zoneminder? The camera maybe blinded.
Would be interested in knowing the answers to that... but IMHO those are feature of large commercial VMS with video-analytics, not sure ZM can handle those.
wkulecz

Post by wkulecz »

I can help here as I figured it out. You need to set the run state to stop and then open the "options" page. Then on the Email tab click the checkbox to enable Email alerts and then enter your email address.

From here it gets trickier and system/ISP dependent, but you must either enter the settings for your ISP's SMTP setup in the boxes at the bottom or have your ZM host machine configured to send mail (the ZM defaults). I relay through my host machine via Gmail so the defaults worked.

Once you've got the mail server configured, you are only half way there, the other missing piece is you need to create a filter to prune down the events and check the send Email box in the filter output. You can apply the filter to verify it selects what you want and then put the run state back to running to do the final tests.

Once you've got it sending you can tweak things to attach the max score image and maybe an avi video of the event by editing the message body and adding some of the %Exx% macros. This is reasonably well documented on the Wiki.
Your commitment to Freedom is measured by your tolerance of others doing things you disapprove.