zmtrigger.pl crashing

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.25.x releases only.
pashdown

zmtrigger.pl crashing

Post by pashdown »

The zmtrigger.pl program is crashing on me repeatedly, I narrowed it down to the zmMemInvalidate section. The "print" statement is mine.

Code: Select all

print("zmMemInvalidate $monitor\n");
            # Free up any used memory handle
            zmMemInvalidate( $monitor );
This is what it looks like when it crashes. I have verified that it isn't returning from the zmMemInvalidate call.

Code: Select all

zmMemInvalidate HASH(0xe80020)
zmMemInvalidate HASH(0xe786e0)
zmMemInvalidate HASH(0xe69660)
zmMemInvalidate HASH(0xe87460)
zmMemInvalidate HASH(0xe68eb0)
variable is not a string at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/Memory/Mapped.pm line 109.
pashdown

Re: zmtrigger.pl crashing

Post by pashdown »

For what it is worth, I solved this problem by rebuilding zoneminder with --enable-mmap=no. Although it would be nice to use mmap, this bug prevents me from doing so.
perfo

Post by perfo »

Hello, I seem to be getting the same fault along with unknown camera command from mochad. Sorry for what may be a simple question but if I rebuild without mmap what will it not do ? I suppose what I'm asking is what's the downside of not having mmap ?
Thanks...
bb99

Post by bb99 »

You will have to set the shared memory value manually if needed.
perfo

Post by perfo »

bb99 wrote:You will have to set the shared memory value manually if needed.
Thanks for the answer. I've just recently started with Linux and Zminder. Well I started on Linux as I wanted to run zoneminder so I'm afraid setting shared memory values doesn't mean much to me yet. I'll have to do some more reading. I also haven't quite managed to auto restart thing with zmwatch not sure where to tell zmwatch that it is meant to check zmtrigger. Ah so much to learn....